CD Burn

vbimport

Hi all, Ive been using various programs, both free and paid for, and I feel there must be something better. Ive used Cdburner xp with some success but again feel there has to be something superior by now. Are there any good free programs for burning and ripping music on my computer(pc)?

I use Exact Audio Copy to rip CD’s & ImgBurn to burn them .
EAC has the capability to burn but I prefer ImgBurn.

Another vote for ImgBurn :iagree:

BTW, a very important factor determining the quality of a burn is not the software, but the disc: no drive nor software can transform a low quality disc to a good quality burn :disagree:

Usually, the software is not the problem (unless some conversion is involved, but we are talking about burning) apart from bug-loaded experimental alpha stuff.

What matters, that is the combination of drive, blank media and write speed. Some drives are mediocre at best when it comes to CD writing. I would never use a Liteon DVDRW (and neither one of their later CDRW drives) when the task is to create an audio CD that might be played in a picky player.

Michael

I have a lite-on :Â ATAPIÂ Â Â DVDÂ AÂ Â DH20A4PÂ Â Â 9P59 .
It has always burned playable Audio CDs that sound good to my ears & others that I’ve played them around.
Maybe my CD players are not that picky .
I usually use a DVD player connected to my receiver to play most CDs.
Or my computer on the same drive I burned them on.

[QUOTE=cholla;2636102]I have a lite-on :Â ATAPIÂ Â Â DVDÂ AÂ Â DH20A4PÂ Â Â 9P59 .
It has always burned playable Audio CDs that sound good to my ears & others that I’ve played them around.
Maybe my CD players are not that picky .[/QUOTE]That’s it. You will get problems with players that were not designed to handle writeable media, or with players that have a poor lens. Such a unit (like my old JVC UX-T1) will show you if your disc was good or not. CD made with a Liteon? No way on that unit.

Michael

@ mciahel , I don’t have a JVC UX-T1 to test with .
I have a couple of older boom boxes that play Audio CDs burned with the lite on.
One is a Samsung manufactured 1995 & the other a Sony manufactured 1999.
The boom boxes are very average so I didn’t include the models but can if necessary.
Like I posted since DVD player/recorders play writeable Audio CDs as long as a good amp/receiver is connected they sound good to my ears .
My car unit will also play the Audio CDs written by the lite on . I mostly use its USB port with a SD micro adapter with mp3s on it.

[QUOTE=pc_mikelee;2636053]Hi all, Ive been using various programs, both free and paid for, and I feel there must be something better. Ive used Cdburner xp with some success but again feel there has to be something superior by now. Are there any good free programs for burning and ripping music on my computer(pc)?[/QUOTE]

I would give Foobar a look it works well for me and it is free and has plugins that you can install. Otherwise my other choice would be Winamp Pro but is a paid program.

[QUOTE=cholla;2636121]@ mciahel , I don’t have a JVC UX-T1 to test with .[/quote]doesn’t matter. Perhaps it is my individual unit. At least it good enough to separate the good discs from the mediocre ones :cool:

My car unit will also play the Audio CDs written by the lite on . I mostly use its USB port with a SD micro adapter with mp3s on it.
As long as you can play the discs in your players, all is fine. But if there are problems, then blaming Liteon has to be considered. :bigsmile:

Michael

Cd burn is not easy sofware so don’t waste time and before burning make a image file.