CD Architect show "cd text" on playback

Hello all. I am quite new to this club as this forum suggests. I found “Club CD Freaks” via a google search for “Best CD burning software”. Came across old info which one of the responses suggested that I already have one of best: CD Architect 5.2.

MY QUESTION:
I’m trying to get the track names that I created to show when you open the CD–instead of it saying “track 1.cda” I want it to show “my title.cda,” etc. And I want it to show all the metadata that I inserted in Properties, such as the track title, artist name, web address, and perhaps the picture I loaded.

I have acheived such results (minus picture) with burning in Windows Media Player, but not sure what I did right. Still, even WMP won’t let me change things and says I need authorization on my own material. :eek:

Sidenote:
I initially was trying to burn an audio DVD with Adobe Encore, but got error message. Thus, I thought back to CDs.

Is there a forum that is dedicated to learning both CD Architect and Adobe Encore? Yup … having burn problems with that too. CD Architect does burn, but as I said no metadata. I get an error message on build with the Encore, which prompted me to do CDs. (I initially was trying to burn an audio DVD).

One more question:
Can anyone tell me where to get a professional looking CD case that will hold at least 11 CDs. That’s how long my project is and must be packaged as one product.

Thanks for any help.

Hi,[QUOTE=General_B;2092418]
[B]MY QUESTION:[/B]
I’m trying to get the track names that I created to show when you open the CD–instead of it saying “track 1.cda” I want it to show “my title.cda,” etc. [/quote]Forget it. Audio CD doesn’t have a file structure. The “track1.cda” shown by file managers if you put in an Audio CD, is just some kind of workaround for computers.

And I want it to show all the metadata that I inserted in Properties, such as the track title, artist name, web address, and perhaps the picture I loaded.
If you want Audio CD, you can add CD Text information (no pictures, unless you create some CD-Extra disc). Please note, that there are only few software players (like Mediaplayer Classic) that support CD Text (Windows Media Player does not also) and most home players don’t support CD Text either (Many Sony players do support CD Text).

I have acheived such results (minus picture) with burning in Windows Media Player, but not sure what I did right. Still, even WMP won’t let me change things and says I need authorization on my own material. :eek:
So you created some WMA crap with protection enabled.

Is there a forum that is dedicated to learning both CD Architect and Adobe Encore?
Start with the documentation provided with the software. Additionally, check the support website of the software manufacturer for further information like tutorials and similar information.
Yup … having burn problems with that too. CD Architect does burn, but as I said no metadata.
Maybe the disc was correct, but you have used an unsufficient player (see above).

Michael

Thank you, Michael, for taking the time to respond in detail. So “streaming” track titles hasn’t become the norm of technology yet … bummer.

The player may be the cause of not seeing the CD Text as you mentioned.

On WMA, it seems that changing the filename directly gave me a positive result … in WMA … but it is not at flexible as CD Architect. I am in the process of reading the documentation, but sometimes I feel like learning overload and do appreciate your expert feedback to help get me to the point sooner than later. :bigsmile:

Thanks again.

[QUOTE=mciahel;2092438]Hi,Forget it. Audio CD doesn’t have a file structure. The “track1.cda” shown by file managers if you put in an Audio CD, is just some kind of workaround for computers.
If you want Audio CD, you can add CD Text information (no pictures, unless you create some CD-Extra disc). Please note, that there are only few software players (like Mediaplayer Classic) that support CD Text (Windows Media Player does not also) and most home players don’t support CD Text either (Many Sony players do support CD Text).
So you created some WMA crap with protection enabled.
Start with the documentation provided with the software. Additionally, check the support website of the software manufacturer for further information like tutorials and similar information.Maybe the disc was correct, but you have used an unsufficient player (see above).

Michael[/QUOTE]
Michael,

I’ve got a bit of a different problem. iTunes will see and import track names, and I creat all of my CDs with the same options, primarily to write the CD text. Some CD subsequently show the track name on both Windows and OSX iTunes as well as my cd player in my vehicles, other CDs do not show the text.

I am at a complete loss as to why that is true. Any ideas?

Hi and Welcome!

unfortunately, I have absolutely no idea about working with itunes.

Michael