Cd anti-copy protection

What is the best anti-copy software when using nero.

you want to add a protection to your own cd’s??

Hi Dallas, welcome to our forum!!

On this website I found a list of possible programs to protect your own discs from being copied.

A list:
CCD-Lock
CD-Protector
CloneAudioProtector
Easy Audio Lock
FreeLock
TZCopyprotection
WinLock
WTM CD Protect

One of the most used programs is Freelock (comes for free;)). Some info:

Freelock alters the layout of a CD image prior to recording, making the resulting copy ‘virtually’ impossible to duplicate. This prevents most people making copies of your copies.

Freelock runs from a deliberately damaged floppy disk. This damage is all part of the protection process. The disk can be produced by extracting all files from the flock13.zip archive into a directory on your hard drive, then running INSTALL.BAT. The resulting disk can be further duplicated by using the DISKCOPY command or the Windows “Copy Disk” function. Alternatively, you can distribute the flock13.zip file instead. For more information, read the FREELOCK.TXT file on the Freelock diskette.

FREELOCK 1.3 now uses a separate file for protection. This means that (a) you can now copy FREELOCK.EXE to your hard drive (but you still need the diskette for standard protection modes) and (b) Windows NT / 2000 systems stand a better chance actually running it!

You can download the program here. Good luck! If you run into problems or have any questions, feel free to visit our forum :wink:

You can also search our forum for each of the above-mentioned programs to learn more about them.

[QUOTE=Dee-ehn;446033]Hi Dallas, welcome to our forum!!

On this website I found a list of possible programs to protect your own discs from being copied.

A list:
CCD-Lock
CD-Protector
CloneAudioProtector
Easy Audio Lock
FreeLock
TZCopyprotection
WinLock
WTM CD Protect

You can download the program here. Good luck! If you run into problems or have any questions, feel free to visit our forum ;)[/QUOTE]

I am new to this forum. I am trying to find a way to protect an application I have developed that I want to distribute on Cd. Based upon the information you have provided above, I want to find out two things. First, if the exec file is protected while on the cd, what happens when it is installed on the user’s hard drive? Will any of these programs also prevent the application from being copied from the hard drive? My second question has to do with which of the programs you have listed provides the most effective protection?

Welcome to the forum. I’d suggest some sort of Web/Passcode activation myself.
Did you not see this post?

And did you also notice this is a Zombie thread? (The last post was over [I]5 years ago[/I]!)

[QUOTE=Dee-ehn;446033]Hi Dallas, welcome to our forum!!

A list:
CCD-Lock
CD-Protector
CloneAudioProtector
Easy Audio Lock
FreeLock
TZCopyprotection
WinLock
WTM CD Protect

You can download the program here. Good luck! If you run into problems or have any questions, feel free to visit our forum ;)[/QUOTE]

I downloaded and read the FREELOCK.TXT file and it stated that FREELOCK cannot be used to protect AUDIO/PC/VCD discs.

Copy and paste from the text file…

======================================================
Can I use Freelock to protect audio/PC/VCD discs?

No. These formats, unlike PSX discs, can be copied on a file-by-file or
track-by-track basis. Freelock can only be used to protect discs which can
normally ONLY be copied in disc-at-once mode. PC and audio CDs can be
copied by selecting only the tracks you want, or by copying the files on the
CD instead.

I have a DATA disc with a program application I would like to protect.
Sounds like FREELOCK won’t work or am I mistaken?