CD always in Video_TS

vbimport

Hello i’m looking for assistance for my DVD Drive “LITE-ON Black 18X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA DVD-ROM Drive Model iHDS118-04 - OEM” for reference of what model.

What its doing right now is, its not playing any DVD, its reading them, and lets say the movie “Ted” is in there. It will say “CD Drive (D:) TED”. It wont auto play the movie, when i click on the driver it puts the movie Ted in a file format “Video_TS”, when i open it there is allot of files “VTS_01_0” and so on by numbers. Even used a friends external CD drive and it was doing the same thing. :frowning: just want to watch my movies lol

It says my drivers are up to date, i updated my bios for my motherboard and just cant seem to get things working. Ill post my components down below if that helps.

Window’s 7 64bit Home premium
AMD FX 8350

Asus Sabertooth FX990 R2.0
HIS IceQ 7850 4GB

Gskill Ripjaws X series 16gb.

Seagate Barracuda 2TB Hard-drive

Rosewill LIGHTING 800w

The CD Drive above

NZXT Phantom Black Full Case

Welcome to the forums LunarVince.

DVD-video always consists of a Video_TS folder containing VOB, IFO and BUP files. That is the structure of the format. The .vob files contain the audio, video and subtitle streams. The .ifo files are navigational information and the .bup files are backups for the .ifo files.

What you need is a software player that can handle DVD-video. I suggest downloading and using VLC media player. It is free to use. http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

To play a DVD with VLC, put the disc in your drive, start VLC, then click Media at the top left of the main window of VLC. Then choose Open Disc. The DVD should show up in the optical drive line within VLC and then you hit Play.

Thank you kerry56 :slight_smile: its nice to get a answer on this, iv been looking everywhere. Thanks i had VLC but guess wasnt opening it properly. Got it to start up although it took a bit to start. If i may ask why did it start doing this. My CD drive was working fine for awhile but after a few months it just stopped working and started doing this.

If the DVD drive was opening and playing the movies automatically before, you might want to check AutoPlay in your Control Panel and see if something has changed there for your optical drive.

Thanks learning new things here, and just checked my auto play and its still not doing anything, configured what it should play under, even reset everything to default. Glad i can get them to run my DVDs that way now but seems really weird