CCleaner vs CCleaner Lite

Hi, What is the difference between CCleaner and CCleaner lite?

CCleaner is the original, CCleaner lite is something else not related to CCleaner at all. Perhaps it’s spyware or something like that.

Michael

I don’t know about CCleaner Lite, but [B]CCleaner Slim[/B] available from the official CCleaner site here, is the same as the normal CCleaner but without any additional toolbar installation.

[QUOTE=hdhead;2568452]Hi, What is the difference between CCleaner and CCleaner lite?[/QUOTE]

Took a google it looks like a site talking about and using ccleaner but nothing about a lite version but did find a slim version from CCleaner. Maybe if the OP gives a link we can verify what they are talking about.

the toolbar is optional durning install and I HATE (with passion and extreme prejudice) any and all “toolbars”

I did not get a larger high resolution monitor to fill up my screen with &$#^$#% toolbars!

AD

Interestingly, there was no toolbar at all with latest CCleaner 3.02…

Michael

Yo-

I just upgraded to CCleaner 3.02 and there was a page in the install routine that wanted to install Ask toolbar and/or Ask as the main browser in check on/off boxes-eh

I personally like/use the Google Toolbar with - Search - Spelling Check - AutoFill and PopUpBlocker features enabled.

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2568596]I just upgraded to CCleaner 3.02 and there was a page in the install routine that wanted to install Ask toolbar and/or Ask as the main browser in check on/off boxes-eh[/QUOTE]Strange. Nothing of that here on that machine :confused:
I used piriform website for the download and as download location. No idea if this makes a difference.

Michael

I do know I think from my last clean install where there was no previous CCleaner I think it did ask to install a ask toolbar but that was only seen if you did custom install not default install. And yes, I do hate toolbar with a passion as those can be used to TRACK you and know your internet habits without you even knowing. Plus they take up precious memory resources to do something you can already search yourself for going to either yahoo or google page searching from there. I personally think toolbar are a unsafe for users as malware can come in through toolbars and you wouldn’t know it.

HI, Thanks everyone, I think I’ll stay clear of the “lite” version. Even though it was recommended by a "puter tech. He said the standard comes with luggage, it must have been the toolbar he was talking about. Thanks again. hdhead