CCleaner is a freeware system optimization and privacy tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. But the best part is that it's fast (normally taking less than a second to run) and contains NO Spyware or Adware!
Cleans the following:
â€¢ Internet Explorer: Temporary files, URL history, cookies, Autocomplete form history, index.dat.
â€¢ Firefox: Temporary files, URL history, cookies, download history.
â€¢ Google Chrome: Temporary files, history, cookies, download history, form history.
â€¢ Opera: Temporary files, URL history, cookies.
â€¢ Safari: Temporary files, history, cookies, form history.
â€¢ Windows: Recycle Bin, Recent Documents, Temporary files and Log files.
â€¢ Registry cleaner: Advanced features to remove unused and old entries, including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs, Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons, Invalid Shortcuts and more... also comes with a comprehensive backup feature.
â€¢ Third-party applications: mRemoves temp files and recent file lists (MRUs) from many apps including Media Player, eMule, Kazaa, Google Toolbar, Netscape, MS Office, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and many more...
â€¢ 100% Spyware FREE: This software does NOT contain any Spyware, Adware or Viruses.
Features of CCleaner 2.0:
* Complete rebuild in C++
With the requirements for a portable version, 64-bit compatibility and Windows Vista increasing against the limitations of the old architecture. We decided to rebuild the entire CCleaner application in highly optimized C++.
* Faster analyzing and cleaning
Each scanning process was rewritten from scratch and fully optimized. The result being a noticeable speed increase in all areas.
CCleaner can now run from a USB thumbdrive and be installed/run on a computer without a complicated setup process.
The rewrite removed all external file dependencies, so the main EXE is now half the size of the original program and support files.
* Redesigned User Interface
The original CCleaner user interface was looking a little dated, so the GUI was redesigned with a modern look, but without sacrificing speed or usability. New icons were created for the interface and the main program icon was updated with a more modern style.
It is now possible to specify files, folders and registry keys to ignore from the cleaning process.
* Loads of little tweaks
Too numerous to mention them all separately, we've tried to improve CCleaner in all areas.
Changes in CCleaner 2.35.1219 (August 25, 2010):
* Added Session Cleaning for Firefox and Google Chrome.
* Added support for Google Chrome Canary Build.
* Added support for SRWare Iron browser via Google Chrome rule.
* Added support to clean custom Chromium based browsers. e.g. CustomLocation1=CHROME|C:\Chromium\IronPortable\Profile\Default CustomLocation2=CHROME|C:\ChromePlus\ChromePlusUserData\Default
* Added application support for Adobe Photoshop CS5, Adobe Illustrator CS5, Adobe ImageReady CS, Nero Burning ROM 10, Google Calendar Sync and Google Talk.
* Improved application support for Adobe Photoshop CS3, Google Earth, Adobe Flash Player.
* Added support to search Uninstall Tool items by Publisher.
* Improved Custom Files and Folders accuracy to avoid duplicate reporting.
* Improved Include/Exclude Options.
* Improved Startup Tool functionality.
* Improved Registry detection algorithm for Missing Shared Dlls.
* Improved exception handling when cleaning W7 jumplist.
* Updated URL references to use piriform.com.
* Minor GUI tweaks and usability improvements.
v2.35.1223 (01 Sep 2010)
- Fixed bug in Adobe Flash detection.
View full version history...
Homepage - http://www.ccleaner.com
Size: 3.26 MB