CCleaner updated Version v2.03.532

http://www.ccleaner.com/download This is freeware, I think its a really good piece of freeware, try it you have nothing to lose. ( except a few uneeded files):iagree:

I find it greatly overrated. Indeed I’m just about to uninstall it.

I’ve been using it for a long time and make a habit of using it before making new system image backups.

1st time I use CCleaner, I regained about 1.5GB of disc space. I use it weekly now, and never fail to get 20-30 MB of space back.

I use it all the time. I would recommend it to everyone.

The Registry cleaner works great to but make sure you keep a registry backup.

I use it with all 3 of my machines. And my wifes mothers pc which by the way comes in very handy.

Yup me too. Use it every day. Thanks for the update Alan.:wink: [quote=rolling56;1940376]I use it all the time. I would recommend it to everyone.

The Registry cleaner works great to but make sure you keep a registry backup.

I use it with all 3 of my machines. And my wifes mothers pc which by the way comes in very handy.[/quote]

Anytime crossq, I really like it. For freeware it cant be beat.:disagree:

You are very welcome Rolling56, really good freeware is hard to find.:slight_smile:

I use it every day also…first Windows Washer, then ccleaner, then defrag.

Thanks for update

Yo-

Have been using cCleaner for years - and haven’t found anything else that erases cookies and temporary files - for free - like this does-eh!! :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

(I like it so much - that I sent the developer $20 donation)

Very big of you Mike. I have donated to LUK and some other free apps myself. Makes me feel better using their hard work for free.

I use it too and have for over a year! Darn computers run superb!

Hmmm…whenever I’ve used it…it’s claimed to have found x amount of Mb and then it ends up deleting much much less or there are post deletion ‘issues’.

As I don’t trust it’s powers of deletion, I certainly wouldn’t trust the registry in it’s hands. But clearly I’m in the minority here. So go figure.

V2 may well be an improvement but is it worth bothering with when I’ve not had a happy time with it previously.

Same here Rolling56 I have donated a small amount to almost all the free software that I really like. Its the least you can do to keep them updating and show some appreciation.:iagree:

use CCleaner as well…great software and its free :slight_smile:

Very nice program but I think the default settings for applications are dangerous. I like to keep a lot of items it has checked off to remove like my cookies and most of the other browser settings. It should start off with all apps items unchecked. What happened to me first time i used it and it available with a right click on the recycle bin I deleted a lot items I wanted to keep. A undo function woulda been great :). But once you set it up to your needs it works great.