CCE problems

i am trying to convert a divx avi to an mpeg 2 using the directions here

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61142

but after the audio is encoded it goes to Cinema craft encoder and an error pops up saying frame size 1016x56 is not supported.

this happens everytime and i have quadroople checked all of the settings in DVD2svcd but still no luck.

if anyone knows why this is happening i would greatly appriciate some help.

thanks
~daryl

I am trying to convert a divx avi to an mpeg 2 using the tutorial here;

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread…;threadid=61142

But after the audio is encoded, it goes to Cinema craft encoder and an error pops up saying frame size 1016x56 is not supported, and then DvD2svcd crashes.

This happens everytime and I have double checked all of the settings in DVD2svcd but still no luck.

If anyone knows why this is happening I would greatly appriciate any help.

thanks
~Daryl

You have prolems with your avisynth…

What is your avisynth version?
Could you please copy&paste your avisynth script file that DVD2SVCD made here?

thanks for responding the version of avisynth is 2.51
and here is the script file:

Import(“D:\Movies\DVD\RESAMP~1.AVS”)
LoadPlugin(“C:\PROGRA~1\DVD2SVCD\AVISYN~1\Mpeg2dec\MPEG2D~1.DLL”)
AVISource(“D:\Movies\ANIMAL~1.AVI”,False)
ConvertToYUY2()
BicubicResize(720,436,0.0,0.6)
AddBorders(0,22,0,22)
ConvertToYUY2()
ResampleAudio(44100)

thanks,
~Daryl

There is little mistakes in that guide for CCE setup :cool:

Try this:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51096

Ok I got it to encode and everything went smoothly without crashing. But when I went to play “bbMPEG_Muxed_File00.mpg”
all that was there was a balnk screen with some orange garbage on the bottom and the Cinema craft encoder logo. The audio was present but there was no picture! what do I do now?

thanks,
~Daryl

Originally posted by MPEGit
[B]There is little mistakes in that guide for CCE setup :cool:

Try this:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51096 [/B]

Please explain where the “little mistakes” are then please.

Originally posted by i need help
[B]Ok I got it to encode and everything went smoothly without crashing. But when I went to play “bbMPEG_Muxed_File00.mpg”
all that was there was a balnk screen with some orange garbage on the bottom and the Cinema craft encoder logo. The audio was present but there was no picture! what do I do now?

thanks,
~Daryl [/B]

Is your AVi a DivX or an Xvid. Check with GSPOT. And what versions of each of these codec have you installed?

Get the latest DVD2SVCD as it installs AVIsynth 2.52

Originally posted by i need help
[B]Ok I got it to encode and everything went smoothly without crashing. But when I went to play “bbMPEG_Muxed_File00.mpg”

thanks,
~Daryl [/B]

I get problems when playing back that bbMPEG muxed file all the bloody time :confused:

I never take any notice now, just delete it. As long as the encoded audio/video files are fine…thats all that counts :wink:

[B]There is little mistakes in that guide for CCE setup :cool:

Try this:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51096 [/B]

You care to enlighten us then? I done loads of divx/xvids to DVDR using the guide on here and have never encountered any problems whatsoever within DVD2SVCD!
I have problems with the encoded files in spruceUP and Tmpeg DVD author, but just use Maestro now…sweet as a nut :wink:

Originally posted by ChickenMan
Please explain where the “little mistakes” are then please.

In this picture:

You should never select DVD-Compliant!
You should not select Close All GOPs!

:wink:

[B]You should never select DVD-Compliant!
You should not select Close All GOPs!

:wink: [/B]

Please enlighten us, why not ?

If you read the DVD Specifications it actually asks for all GOP’s to be closed, even though I have found in practise it has made no difference if closed or not.

As for DVD-Compliance option, you might also ask the author of DVD2SVCD why he recommends it to be enabled.

Like Active8 has said, a few friends of mine have indead produced MANY hundreds of encodes using the above and have tested endlessly in over 40 different DVD Players and they have always played flawlessly (execept for a few media problems). Only 2 dvd players ever found where they wont play, but those have never played any DVDR regardless how they were made.

I look forward to your explanation. Thanks.

Given a decent bitrate you probably won’t notice a difference between open and closed GOPs, but theoretically open is much more efficient and thus can potentially yield higher quality (read the CCE manual). Most GOPs will remain open and there is no reason to close all GOPs unless you need to do multi-angle DVD. AVI files are not multiangle format so it’s pointless to close all GOPs…

Actually all that DVD-Compliant option does is that it autoset the maximum bitrate to 9.8Mbit/s. And if you’re not using the CCE for audio-part then it will change the max bitrate for video to 9.8Mbit/s and it may lead to problems in some DVD-players…

:stuck_out_tongue:

So…it matters not on both counts then?

Hmmmmm :bigsmile:

The AVI file is indeed a divx and I do have the Codecs.

anyways now when i try and convert my MP2 to an ac3 using the new besweet gui. When i try and convert it nothing happens except a blank log pops up.
any ideas?

First of all have you setup BeSweet GUI correctly. Does it point to the BeSweet.exe file ? See attached.

BeSweet converts the *.WAV file to AC3 better than the *.MP2 file as well. The WAV file has also been Normalized for sound level, while the MP2 has not.

n/m, someone double posted…

/MLS

[B]
Actually all that DVD-Compliant option does is that it autoset the maximum bitrate to 9.8Mbit/s. And if you’re not using the CCE for audio-part then it will change the max bitrate for video to 9.8Mbit/s and it may lead to problems in some DVD-players…

:stuck_out_tongue: [/B]

He’s exactly right, your max bitrate for the entire DVD should be 9800 not just the video. Therefore your max video bitrate would be 9800-audio bitrates-room for subs (many things will calculate this for you, RA for example). Should never check that option, all it does is mess up your correct max bitrate, and will cause most players to freeze when the bitrate gets too high.

/MLS

With the DVD Compliance box ticked, after an encode the resultant *.mpv has a Nominal Bitrate of 9800 kb/s. When authored in DVD Maestro, Scenarist, DVD Producer, DVDLab, IfoEdit (i’m sure there are others) there is no complaint of exceeding any bitrate what-so-ever. TMPGenc DVD Author is the only one that complains (ignore it and all will be well anyway). The authored VOB files from all the above (including TMPGenc DVD Author) still hase a max nominal bitrate of 9800 kb/s even after audio tracks/subtitles are added. If one wants to take the time and check many retail original DVD’s you will find many at 9800 kb/s also (but actual bitrate more like 6000 kb/s).

If you set in DVD2SVCD the MAX bitrate to be 9000 and then an audio track of 448 then you simply cannot and will not ever excede the combined 9836 kb/s DVD standard max bitrate regardless of what the nominal bitrate is set at.