CCD's Virtual Drive making my Win XP Pro crash whever I mount

vbimport

This doesn’t really make any sense to me, but CCD is making my computer crash whever I try to mount an image into the virtual CD drive.

I checked the device manager and it seems to think that my virtual drive is a SCSI, yet I don’t have a SCSI card in my comp. Could this be the problem?

No the Virtual Drive is detected as SCSI drive. That’s normal. Are you running any other virtual drives that could be interfering with CloneCD’s drive? We need more information from you else it’s difficult to help you.

Sorry about that, I wasn’t sure what “more information” exactly was when I wrote the original message.

I did have one other emulation installed at the time. I was using Daemon, but it wasn’t in the system tray at the time. Daemon’s fake drive was visible through My Computer, but I’m sure it wasn’t running in the system tray.

After the crash, I installed Alcohol, so now I have that virtual drive running as well. Should I go and uninstall Daemon and Alcohol and then try CCD to see if it works?

Originally posted by Tempest
After the crash, I installed Alcohol, so now I have that virtual drive running as well. Should I go and uninstall Daemon and Alcohol and then try CCD to see if it works?
That’s what I would try… Please report back if it works!