CCD4b9 cant do SafeDisc 2.05.030?

vbimport

Tried out new Clone this weekend with STCC2 (Swedish BTCC car game), after two coasters I uninstalled CCD4 and installed CCD3.3.4.1.
At first attempt I had a working copy with my Plex 241232A. Curious about this I tried at work in my LiteOn 32123S with the same result, not working with CCD4 and working in CCD3.

Settings:
4 X read
FES (which changed to hardware in both CCD)

16 x write (because of media)
Burnproof/justlink enabled
Laser calibrate
AWS
Close last session

Clony says SafeDisc2
SafeDisc analyser says 2.05.030

Any ideas anyone??

För mej funkade dom helt vanliga Default inställningarna :slight_smile:

lätt som en plätt

Use the default settings and it will work.

used default at the first try!

Strange thing is that CCD4 doesn´t report read errors.

I never had any problems backing up SD before.

Probably this is an error on my part, but I cant figure out where I have gone wrong.

Originally posted by Greffel
[B]För mej funkade dom helt vanliga Default inställningarna :slight_smile:

lätt som en plätt

Use the default settings and it will work. [/B]

Please, English only (don’t want to call upon my Swedish friend to translate, although she is a translator as well as a Tax expert :wink: ).

You can speak your own language (Swedish obviously) in emails and Private Messages…

You should try writing without AWS enabled. The latest CCD4 beta 14 now uses AWS device dependant instead of Profile dependant… When you write with AWS and a correct EFM encoding supported writer you can get coasters!

Thx G@M3FR3@K

Downloaded CCD4b14 and tried it at home with Plex24 with AWS disabled and it worked!

Do you think that this only applies to older versions of SD?
Or will newer versions need AWS?

AWS (amplify weak sectors) is ONLY used for drives that CAN’T do correct EMF writing. Both those writes can do Safedisk 2. Therefore, AWS should NOT be turned on.

Originally posted by HotBlack
[B]Thx G@M3FR3@K

Downloaded CCD4b14 and tried it at home with Plex24 with AWS disabled and it worked!

Do you think that this only applies to older versions of SD?
Or will newer versions need AWS? [/B]
Plex (24x and 40x) writers can write SafeDisc 2 fine but it has problems with version 2.51.xxx and up. You do need to enable AWS when dealing with these SD2 versions (and then still there’s no guarantee). You will find these SD2 versions on Medal Of Honor Allied Assault and Serious Sam 2 for instance. For more info read the sticky threads on this forum (see links in my sig).

originally posted by Hotblack

Strange thing is that CCD4 doesn´t report read errors.

It is the same case with me. I have noticed that CCD4 doesn t report read errors when i back up games that do have read errors (SD2). I have uninstalled CCD4 and reinstalled CCD3 and backed up the same games and there were read errors reported. The option “dont report read errors” is not checked in both cases. I use a plex 40x…

Any ideas anyone? Could this have any effect on the quality of the image created?

When reinstallin CCD4 it reports the read errors.
And i´m quite sure I didn´t enable “dont report read errors” when trying first time. But anyway, for me thats history now.
All systems are GO! :smiley: