CCD-lock

vbimport

I created an clonecd image file of an audio cd and copy protected it using ccd-lock from www.cdmediaworld.com and burnt it to cd

I then tried ripping (i don’t want to burn it) to my computer using exact audio copy and/or easy cd-da extractor (set on error recovery and repair) but somehow it can’t rip it and my computer hangs. How can i get it rip to my computer?

Does anyone have a solution to my answer, I’ve being waiting patiently for a while. Please help!!!

Thanks

Well, the entire point of CCD-Lock is to copy protect an audio cd. The only way to make a copy, once protected is through CloneCD itself. (Maybe Alcohol and Blindwrite can do it now I don’t keep track of them). But CloneCD will surely copy them. No ripping software will see them and the PC drive will just go nuts spinning up and not seeing data.

Hope that helps you some.

If the information is very important, you can try using CCD to read and make an image saved on the hard drive. Then use UltraISO to convert the image into ISO format. Then extract the files from the ISO with WinISO or maybe UltraISO can do that as well now with the newer version.

Good Luck.

thanks for the reply. Actually the contents are seen in EAC but it can’t copy it, it kind of hangs. If commerical copy protected cds (cactus) can be ripped, should this be able also, since it is based on the cactus protection. the program does say that it can copy copy-protected cds, as welll as easy cd-da extractor but doesn’t work

Yeah it says based on Cactus but it isn’t CDS!

CCD-Lock injects sub-channel errors (no where near the same as CDS does) has it’s own watermark, the TOC and lead-in and times are so fucked up that CD won’t play on DVD players (CDS will).

To answer your question freeware protections like CCD-Lock and others are much stronger than CDS since they don’t care if the CD plays in DVD players and have problems, comericial protections are much easier.

CCD-Lock fucked up the TOC…forget that app and toss your CD good-bye, next time you burn important data back it up and stay away from these CDDA currupters they are not protecting anything, they’re fucking it up!

Yeah it says based on Cactus but it isn’t CDS! The word he should have used was “inspired” not “based”.

CCD-Lock injects sub-channel errors (no where near the same as CDS does) has it’s own watermark, the TOC and lead-in and times are so fucked up that CD won’t play on DVD players (CDS will).

To answer your question freeware protections like CCD-Lock and others are much stronger than CDS since they don’t care if the CD plays in DVD players and have problems, comericial protections are much easier to defeat since they have to be sure it plays in 99% players. CCD-Lock will play in 30% or so, from what I can see and no DVD players.

CCD-Lock fucked up the TOC…forget that app and toss your CD good-bye, next time you burn important data back it up and stay away from these CDDA currupters they are not protecting anything, they’re fucking it up!