CCD-Lock + TZcopyprotection -> strange problem

Hello ppl,

I’ve read the cdfreak’s guide on how to make a copy protected cd with the combination of ccd-lock and tzcopy protection.
Now let me explain you the problem:

Software used:

• TZcopyprotection v1.1beta II

• CCD-Lock v1.7.2 *RC1a

• CloneCD v4.0.0.1

• Alcohol 120% or CDrwin

• WinIso v5.3

Steps followed:

1)I made an image with WinIso for 3 files: movie.avi (630mb)
info.txt
movie.ico

2)I mounted the image with Daemon Tools and then I made an image with alcohol & cdrwin (I’ve tried both).

3)I’ve loaded the image with TZcopy protection and used step 3 and modified the movie.avi from 630 to 970 mb.

4)I’ve burned the image with alcohol 120% (SAO/DAO mode) to an empty CDRW

The cd runs right and I can play the movie.avi (970mb) file normally with every divx player. (1st protection step works)

1. I made then an image from the CDRW (Data cd profile) with clone cd, then started ccd-lock and I pushed protect button!

2. I erased the contents from the CDRW and then I burned the CCD-lock protected image with clone cd back to the CDRW (Data cd profile).

All drive can read the contents of the cd perfectly but when I’ve tried to play the movie.avi an error ocurs (corrupted file or unsupported file)! No player can play the file, this is my problem :frowning: I don’t know what’s happening!

I’ve read this in TZcopy protection readme file: "- Users with RAW burners use ECCRegen v1.41, to fix compatibility problems
download at http://eccregen.cjb.net "

Can anyone help?

Sorry for my -very- bad english &
thanks for your time. I wish you a happy new year

I’ve also tested it without the TZcopyprotection and only with CCD-Lock and did not work!! So the probelm must be in the ccd-lock protection :frowning:
The .avi file seems to be corrupted and is immposible to play after aplying this protection…

(My plextor 8x 4x 32x woks, and can play the .avi file but all the others doesn’t - ASUS CRW-5224A, Toshiba DVD-rom etc.)

I simply use TZ copy and apply step 2 using 45 tracks and IFS, then step 3 and make sure all movie files are oversized to 2 gig.

This way the files play as ormal off the cd but CANNOT be copied from CD to HD:bigsmile: and cannot be copied in NERO in either compilation mode or dopy mode. (Copy mode cant coppy beacuse of the 47 dummy audio tracks :bigsmile: )

Oops sorry for the spelling mistakes. Its almost 3am here in the UK and I’m off to bed

G’Night!:wink:

Originally posted by Silver007
[B]I simply use TZ copy and apply step 2 using 45 tracks and IFS, then step 3 and make sure all movie files are oversized to 2 gig.

This way the files play as ormal off the cd but CANNOT be copied from CD to HD:bigsmile: and cannot be copied in NERO in either compilation mode or dopy mode. (Copy mode cant coppy beacuse of the 47 dummy audio tracks :bigsmile: ) [/B]

Only TZ copy protection is not as strong as CCD-Lock + Tzcopyprotection I supose, that’s why I’m trying combination of them. The steps you told me can make a working protection, but can very easily beaten by newbies :bigsmile:

btw, ty for your reply.

If anyone knows what’s going on with the CCD-Lock + Tzcopyprotection and I can’t make a working protection please reply :bow:

Please visit the TZ copy protection forum at http://tzcopyprotection.cjb.net - There are several users who have reported successful ways of protecting .avi files, look in the General forums and Compatibility forums.

An alternative is to find some multimedia player app which can incorporate the avi into the exe then protect the exe with TZ Executable Protector.

" The steps you told me can make a working protection, but can very easily beaten by newbies "

You would be very surprised to learn how many people DON’T know about CloneCD.

As I have always said TZ is in development and as it is freeware the end user has to do a lot of the finding out what works and what doesn’t.

An alternative is to find some multimedia player app which can incorporate the avi into the exe then protect the exe with TZ Executable Protector.

like? I don’t know such a program… can u tell me some?

Thanks for the reply!

An multimedia authoring app should be OK.

Eg:

Illuminatus
Multimedia Builder

If you embeded it and the player into an html page (possible using the <OBJECT> tag) - You can create an exe from it using eBook Packer Express from Cais Labs (which also protects PDFs and other formats).

Sorry, I don’t know what are u talking about… is there any guide on how to convert AVI -> EXE ? (which software to use, steps etc)

Ty

Software like Illuminatus can have animations inside them, like Powerpoint can. Put your avi into an animation / movie object inside your presentation, add a few controls for the user and produce a standalone exe.

Where can I download it?