CCD and Clony question

vbimport

What is the difference between ‘Safedisc 2 Amplify Weak Sectors’ and ‘Safedisc 2 Emulate Weak Sectors’ profiles? I realize Lite On doesn’t need these.

If you read a Safedisc 2.4 at max speed w/ CCD 4.2.0.2, will the backup likely work? (Lite On 40125W)

How do you read the full protection version? For example, ClonyXXL only says Safedisc V2, instead of 2.4, 2.5, etc.

Originally posted by SixPacMan
[B]What is the difference between ‘Safedisc 2 Amplify Weak Sectors’ and ‘Safedisc 2 Emulate Weak Sectors’ profiles? I realize Lite On doesn’t need these.

If you read a Safedisc 2.4 at max speed w/ CCD 4.2.0.2, will the backup likely work? (Lite On 40125W)

How do you read the full protection version? For example, ClonyXXL only says Safedisc V2, instead of 2.4, 2.5, etc. [/B]
My opinion of Clony is well known: use it, learn from it and then avoid it.

Amplify attempts to replace unwriteable sectors with writeable sectors that are still recognised as unwriteable regular bit patterns. Olli uses a nice looking pattern that works most times.

Emulate writes code to the CD-R that fools the guard module of the protection.

As for Lite-On, it should be max or the shelf.

Olli?

The Shelf?

Please translate. :slight_smile:

I thought I’d read to read SD2 at 4x. Just wanted to make sure Max was OK.

Olli?

The Shelf?

Please translate.

I thought I’d read to read SD2 at 4x. Just wanted to make sure Max was OK.

olli is the author of clone cd.

the shelf means exactly what it says if your litey wont do it at max then stick it on a shelf somewhere because its f**ked;) lite-on can read/write sd2 at max no probs

Well not quite ready to shelf it yet, but the backup didn’t work.

I put the CD in, main menu pops up, click play, it says it can’t find the CD. This after it auto downloaded the newest patch too.

This with CCD 4.2.0.2 and using the default Safedisc 2+ profile (without AWS) first. Read/write at max speed.
I burned to an Imation CMC CDR. Maybe the reason? If not, should I try Alcohol 120%?

Newest patch for the game? Could have upped the version of the protection and thus improved detection of back-up copies. What the game title you’re trying to copy and which SafeDisc version is now on it (you can check with SafeDisc Analyser)? When playing the back-up from your Lite-On, have you cheded ‘Hide CDR Media’ in the CloneCD-tray?

It’s Ghost Recon, SD 2.4 (on the CD, haven’t checked the patched install).
So if the backup works before patching, I guess I can either play it without patching (not good), or use a no CD patch, or try Alcohol and re-burn?

I haven’t tried playing it from the LiteOn.

Imation is not a medium that is loved by all burners. I don’t use it at all - perhaps it’s the media?