CCD 5.0.2.2 and SP2 and SD 3.20.022 on AMD 64Bit

vbimport

I have read the posts about the failures and success’s of copying DOOM3, Safedisc 3.20.022. I see that many folks with the LiteOn 52327s have had success with CCD 5022 and Alcohol120%.
I have run into an interesting problem. First off here’s my setup:

MSI K8N Neo 250G motherboard, AMD 64bit 3200
1 Gig OCZ DDR400,
FX6800 Video Card,
80G IDE HD.
CDRW is a LiteOn 52327s QSOE
Reader is a DVD/CD-ROM not a writer.
OS is XP SP2 32bit version

Here’s the deal:
I can make a copy of DOOM3 with Alcohol120% that will run on my DVD/CD-Rom player with no emulation or and ‘ignore media’ unchecked. It even runs when I un-install all CD write software. No problem there.
I decided to try the new CCD 5022 since i bought a license from Slysoft a while back. The problem with the CCD copy is that no matter how I configure CCD, ignore, emulate, or amplify, the copy will bring up a message from DOOM3 saying to uninstall the DVD/CD emulator it found. This occurs with the CCD tray running or not, and whether ‘ignore CDR media’ is checked or not.
In fact, not even the original disk will boot while CCD is installed. I get the same ‘Found DVD/CD emulation software’ message. After uninstalling CCD the Alcohol copy and original disc boot just fine.
This is puzzling since others have success with CCD and SP2 copying DOOM3 with the 52327s.
I think it may be the Nvidia Nforce3 IDE drivers for the 64 bit MB I’m using. Microsoft’s Drivers won’t work on the 64 bit Nvidia chipset so there is no way to roll-back the driver. It may be that Doom3 routines may see these as emulation software.
At least my Alchohol120% copies are working ok!!
Has anyone else run into this problem, and are you using a 64 bit AMD hardware system? I’d like to see if someone else is succeeding with CCD and Doom3 on a similar 64 bit system.

Thanks Jim’sBurnerBin

This is a known problem. Close the CloneCD Tray and re-start it. then it works, usually.
Seems to be a minor bug.

Did you mean restart the Tray or restart the game? I’ll try both and post back.
Jim’sBurnerBin

Well, disabling and re-enabling the tray did work. I can run the CCD copy of Doom3. I can’t without the Hide CDR Media checked for some reason. I’m playing the copy in a reader only drive and the copy was made with the ‘ignore’ option, not amplify or emulation. I suspect there is still some emulation running since the copy won’t play without CCD installed and the Hide CDR option checked. Not a big deal but the Alcohol copy will run without the Alcohol program installed (on the same reader only drive). At least the CCD now runs. It is not a standalone, like the Alchohol copy is, but that issue doesn’t concern me much since my copies are only run on my home LAN machines.

Thanks for the advice TschensBrems. That is a strange bug.
Jim’sBurnerBin

Yes, CloneCD does a little bit more than only Hide CD-R media. Which reader do you use? (asking because I was not able to make a working backup with Alcohol).

I think it may be the Nvidia Nforce3 IDE drivers for the 64 bit MB I’m using. Microsoft’s Drivers won’t work on the 64 bit Nvidia chipset so there is no way to roll-back the driver.

hmmmm, my mother’s system is a amd 64 3000+ w/ nforce 3 250gb chipset… (i did set it up)
MS drivers work well, never installed the nforce ide-driver-crap… make trouble all the time…
without the nec 3500, the toshiba sd-m 1912 and the maxtor 120GB HDD work great… running like hell … :wink:

The reader is an offbrand DVD/CD-ROM drive. Just a reader for both DVD and CD’s. The brand is StarBrite I think, the last time I had it out of the box I looked at the tag. Device Manager just says DVD-ROM 16x6S with no brand name. It’s over a year old now and the place I bought it from is out of business.
It’s been a great reader for SafeDisc and for making SecurRom physical media files.
On the Alcohol copy I copy on the fly, I use no emulation and have ignore media unchecked. I also leave the ‘Bypass EFM error’ unchecked since the 52327s doesn’t need it and in fact creates coasters with it checked.

Well, what can I say. The MSI board I use needs the NForce3 drivers for the on board 1000BaseT Ethernet port. Once they are loaded and working if I try to roll back to a Microsoft driver the system gives me a message that those drivers won’t work with this board. Besides, the Nvidia drivers, including the IDE driver works great. It wasn’t causing the problem as it turns out, it is a bug in CCD that has now been overcome(see earlier post). Overall, the MSI board with the NForce3 drivers work very well. I have not had any problems at all. I must say I don’t like the Nvidia Hardware Firewall and I leave those drivers uninstalled.
Jim’sBurnerBin

OT:

Wait a second, your mother has a better system than you have? What does she do with all that horsepower? Clan gaming?

Wait a second, your mother has a better system than you have? What does she do with all that horsepower? Clan gaming?

first: i don’t live at my parents home any more since a few years, so i don’t use her pc…
but i set it up just a few days ago for her and the price’s are low at the moment…

but the gaming power is used for my 14 year old brother, who plays on this machine… :wink: