CBS OnDemand to DVD?

vbimport

Hi Guys,

We missed the last episode of Survivor and would like to see it. It’s available on the CBS website for download via their CBS OnDemand service but it is only viewable on the PC.

We don’t want to watch on the tiny PC screen, we want to watch it on our big TV . . . has anyone downloaded an OnDemand show and succesfully converted to a DVD format?

Thanks!

-Bob-

The show has DRM restrictions that does not allow copying to another source.

Hmmm, DVDs have CSS also but that’s not usually a problem . . . this isn’t the best fit for this forum - are their any forums that deal with DRM issues this would be a better fit in?

Thanks!

Yes this is true, however DVD’s don’t phone home to a central server to verify the license is valid either… :wink:

The survivor episodes are available on the bittorrent network. I’ve been downloading them via that method. Their about 350MB in size and the quality is certainly watchable.

> Yes this is true, however DVD’s don’t phone home to a central server
> to verify the license is valid either… :wink:

I had no idea how DRM worked - kinda dumb to go to all the trouble to DRM the episodes when people can just record and trade them anyway, isn’t it?

We just want to see the episode we missed on our TV, not our PC!

> The survivor episodes are available on the bittorrent network.
> I’ve been downloading them via that method. Their about
> 350MB in size and the quality is certainly watchable.

I have no idea how to use bit torrent, I’ll sick my son on it!

Thanks for the nudge in the right direction! :slight_smile:

Perhaps this thread may help you out: Removing DRM from WMV

If your computer has TV out, you could always run it that way too.

I agree, it’s completely insane. The restrictions they place are especially absurd, must watch within 24 hours of download and no copying. Beh, why am I giving them money again?

We just want to see the episode we missed on our TV, not our PC!
I have no idea how to use bit torrent, I’ll sick my son on it!
Thanks for the nudge in the right direction! :slight_smile:

The torrent for the episodes don’t have any restrictions and can be copied to blank media. Or as suggested if your PC has video outputs, direct connection to tv for viewing.

Your welcome, your son will probably know exactly where to go.

My son said he can’t find the episode we need on bit torrent or limwire.

We need season 12, Exile Island, episode 12.

Anyone have the phrase we need to search on? (nearest he could find was Season 12, episode 10).

Thanks!