CAV - P CAV - CLV Drives!

I did some speed tests , and i am a litle confused , as i have discover that there is out there CD readers and burners , that does not operate as standard CAV - P CAV - CLV drives ,but they use differential ways in reading depending on if they will read data or audio …

Here is my tests .
http://www.sigma-sa.com/kt/nerospeed.htm

Why is so hard to find one good fast audio reader for DAE ?
The Plextor burner looks to be the king of all my devices , but i need to learn some theory of why it happens, and also how you can actually know if your next CD rom drive it does behave in audio DAE so extremely well as the Plextor burner ?

Originally posted by olyboy
Why is so hard to find one good fast audio reader for DAE ?
The Plextor burner looks to be the king of all my devices , but i need to learn some theory of why it happens, and also how you can actually know if your next CD rom drive it does behave in audio DAE so extremely well as the Plextor burner ?

Good DAE results are achieved by good design for a particular objective. In other words, if a drive has good DAE, it is because it was engineered with that objective in mind.

Actually, it is easy to find DAE performance in ATAPI drives. Tests with CD Speed are published at CD Speed DAE Tests. Although the Plextor has good results, it is by not means the fastest drive in DAE.

The Lite-on DVD drives give outstanding results in DAE. They do high speed DAE in CAV mode and read C2 errors.

Thanks for the link …

All drives use different reading strategies depending on the used speed and the fact if they read data or audio, that is normal. You are right: you cannot see from the specs of a drive if a drive is good in DAE.

what if one of the specs is DAE :stuck_out_tongue:

Interesting question , but the music industry will never let it happen .

All drives use different reading strategies depending on the used speed and the fact if they read data or audio, that is normal. You are right: you cannot see from the specs of a drive if a drive is good in DAE.

what if one of the specs is DAE :stuck_out_tongue:

Interesting question , but the music industry will never let it happen .

See Rip Speed. :cool:

Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Lol !! :bigsmile: