Catus data shield

hey

I just bought a cd which contain CDS (catus data shield). it cant be played on my computer or in the car. Now I am really pissed off by thiscd protection thing. Can you tell me if there is a way i can crack/bypass the cd protection. o wait, i forgot t mention the it could be played on my computer but only for 27secs. thank you.

Originally posted by babychar2002
[B]hey

I just bought a cd which contain CDS (catus data shield). it cant be played on my computer or in the car. Now I am really pissed off by thiscd protection thing. Can you tell me if there is a way i can crack/bypass the cd protection. o wait, i forgot t mention the it could be played on my computer but only for 27secs. thank you. [/B]

im not sure how Catus data shield works but disable the autorun of the CD Drive or hold down the ‘Shift’ key when inserting the disc and use a audio ripping software to rip the track, and the n burn the ripped tracks on to a disc.

I think there a setting for CloneCD. I think you read and write just the first session.

anyway i dont know anything. Let me know if im wrong

Thankz for the info but when clone cd starts reading it, its just read the 27 sec which the computer can read.

A Lite-On based drive like LTD-166S or LTC-48161H can back up Cactus Data shield protected cds. It is as much a hardware dependent, as it is software. For example, MSI optical drives cannot back up such discs even with Clone CD. No problem with the Lite-ons though, and Plextors.

Thankz for the info but where can i buy on of thouse drives at a very low price?

I don’t think LTD 166s can make good back-up copies of CDS 200 audio cd. I made some tests and every time copy has a lot of clicks. Don’t buy this drive for this purpouse.