Cassette tape to mp3?

Hi everyone,

Is there anyway to put my cassette tapes on my computer as audio files preferable mp3/wav so i can then put it on mp3 player?? And i guess that since tapes dont have tracks, how i wud go about splitting the big audio file into tracks.

Is there any equipment i would need, and how much would that set me back.

My spec is at the bottom including soundcard.

Thanks

Sure you can, it’s quite easy too, you can use a free software like Audacity, to record and split etc.,

Once recorded to your pc, you will be able to see in a wave graphic way and also be able to hear where you have to split.

all you need is your sound card and a stereo tape deck with a stereo line out socket.

go and read this thread: lp/mc thread

this is really something that you can do without buying anything, except for a blanc cd, that’s if you want to burn to audio cd.

get the free software: HERE

Thanks, that helped me out tremendously

This link is brilliant http://www.nsftools.com/misc/TapeToCD.htm

Kaybing,
check out these links. Maybe of help.
www.foxpop.co.uk/elisa/general/technics.htm
www.dvworkshop.co.uk/Audio/ Audio_Tape_to_CD/audio_tape_to_cd.html

Ajitsu

Hi, I’ve been transferring my LP and Tape collection to CD over the past few years and have learnt heaps through trial and error…if u need any help just ask :slight_smile:

I have spent HOURS and HOURS looking for a way to get streaming audio and Netlibrary books and files with Digital Rights Management onto my ipod. I never found anything “FREE” worth using… Here is a link to a $49 product Replay Radio http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-1796560-10291934 that really works… It is like TiVo for ANY streaming media or digital audio (including WMA-DRM) you want to add to turn into wma or AAC your ipod, or other music player. Also works to capture sound from cassette tape or records. This product won PC magazine’s editor’s choice award for recording crystal clear audio on a PC. Save time and money with software that is intuitive and works right the first time!