Cassette & lp to cd & mastering suggestions wanted

hello,

i like to convert some of my old tapes & lps to cds; i captured few tapes & lps using creative labs’ smart record.

only problems is that the captured sound is not as good as i hoped & i like to apply some noise reduction filters & equalizer settings directly to the captured audio files (my car’s cd player does not have any equalizers), but i could not find suitable software to do such thing.

i prefer something that is automatic & easy to use rather than professional products

any suggestions?

thanks for your suggestions :wink:

you can Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CD’s with Audacity which is also freeware.ù

Download from sourceforge.net

Read the FAQ, it explains how to do what you need.

I also advice you to check this tape to cd guide

:slight_smile:

hardplay - great post - thanks for sharing!
NSS.

@hardplay,

thanks for your kind suggestions & links :slight_smile: . audacity appears great software though bit too advanced for my taste; however, how i can resist since it is free :wink:

@ NotSoSmart & shimman thank you, it’s nice to be able to share knowledge and give a friendly hand :wink:

@ shimman, believe me it’s simple , just follow the guide and you can’t go wrong :slight_smile:

There’s just a whole bunch of software out there that removes pops and crackles from records. I usually capture my records using DAK because I can do a whole side then brake it up. I then clean up individual files with another wave editor. Right now I like Nero Wave editor II. If your LP preamp does a good equalization on your LPs you probably don’t have to do much more yourself. When I record from cassettes I have to bring up the highs and remove tape hiss.

I do have a web page on this at:

http://dvautier.home.comcast.net/audio/audio.htm

and maybe this one

http://dvautier.home.comcast.net/lp/lp.htm

good luck :slight_smile:

dvautier, nice articles, can i link them to my free software page ?, of course i will place your name and site in the link credits :wink:

free software and guides list