Casio CW-100

I have the Casio CW-100 and it has worked great for years. I recently upgraded to Vista 64 and it no longer works…

I have searched (in vain) for 64 bit drivers and am unable to find any.

Does anyone know of 64 bit drivers for the CW-100 or a work around or
other drivers that might work?

thanks

gordo1466

It doesn’t look like Casio supports 64-bit Vista:

http://support.casio.com/download.php?rgn=1&cid=005&pid=337

Item 1 in the Important! section.

And at the bottom of this page:

http://www.casio.com/support/content/651C1B8B-A32F-4967-B25C-CD6AAE62B08F

You might be able to do something like installing Windows Virtual Machine with 32-bit running in it.

Assuming that you upgraded from XP and still have your XP disk, you could create a dual-boot system with XP and your resident Vista 64.

I just did this on my mother’s machine with XP installed first. It works very well and allows her to go back and use older apps and peripherals.
EasyBCD (see tutorial) is a great front end for the Vista bootloader.

There is also something called “XP Compatibility Mode” where you initiate this service prior to installing XP drivers on Vista, but I don’t know if it would work with your Vista 64.

[QUOTE=gordo1466;2291605]I have the Casio CW-100 and it has worked great for years. I recently upgraded to Vista 64 and it no longer works…

I have searched (in vain) for 64 bit drivers and am unable to find any.

Does anyone know of 64 bit drivers for the CW-100 or a work around or
other drivers that might work?

thanks

gordo1466[/QUOTE]
The Casio CW 50 and CW 100 does not work with 64 bit OS, there are no future update for these models, I know, I have one and I e-mailed them. It works only on 32 bit systems.

Thanks everyone. I have come to the conclusion that it is not doable without a dual boot, and I don’t want to dual boot this machine.

I will just move it accross the room and put it on my 32 bit Vista PC. Thought I had a work around from a European version of the CW-100 under another manufacturers name, but, alas, that didn’t work either.

Thanks again,

Gordo1466