Cashcow: Windows 8 Metro apps will support in app (video) ads

I just posted the article Cashcow: Windows 8 Metro apps will support in app (video) ads.

While the actual purchase price of Windows 8 is lower than previous Windows releases, it seems Microsoft is using multiple ways to keep generating revenue from its upcoming OS, clearly inspired by other OS’es. Click to read where Microsoft is up to…

Click to read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/cashcow-windows-8-metro-apps-will-support-in-app-video-ads-63317/](http://www.myce.com/news/cashcow-windows-8-metro-apps-will-support-in-app-video-ads-63317/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

LOL another reason to hate this operative system :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=geno888;2650890]LOL another reason to hate this operative system :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

:iagree: yeah MS lowered the price so the consumers feels like their getting a great deal but all MS did was removed apps that use to come with the Windows OS which is just another marketing gimmick, MS is not going to give up revenue :disagree: also for those who think Windows 8 is faster…well… purchase and install the apps that have been removed then see how much faster it is.

You can speed Windows 7 up too just stop all those loaded apps from starting at boot-up, which is what I did.

Tis just my .02¢

[B]SJ[/B]

This is ridiculous…the more online I get, the more I am being bombarded by advertisements. I am sick of seeing ads everywhere I go. Just because something is legal does not necessarily make it ethical.

[QUOTE=CharmedonWB;2650912]This is ridiculous…the more online I get, the more I am being bombarded by advertisements. I am sick of seeing ads everywhere I go. Just because something is legal does not necessarily make it ethical.[/QUOTE]

Advertisements :confused: what advertisements I don’t see any…OH[B]!![/B] wait a minute I forgot I block all advertisements. :bigsmile:

Nobody likes ads,but sometimes they are necessary to keep developement going and to create revenue.
Cheapskates as some of us are,we want everything for free,but tbh,do you want to offer your services for free?
As on Android Market/Google Play: If you like the app,buy it,and the ads will be gone…if you want it for free,learn to live with the ads…
Windows Media Center?I think there will be soon enough support for win 8 from MediaPortal or XBMC…so,who really needs Windows Media Center that bad that he/she wants to pay for it? :bigsmile:

I like the free and excellent GB-PVR, personally. On our Ultimate Boxes, we don’t bother enabling Win Media Center functions - the Hauppage TV cards offer better versions, or the ATI’s work better with GB-PVR. (Yeah yeah, I know that’s not what it’s officially called anymore.)

By the way, I think the next Microsoft OS will be code named NASCAR.

Instead of desktop icons for your applications, you’ll see endless commercial logos and you’ll have to play CONCENTRATION - trying to flip over ‘tiles’ until you find your application’s Two Matching Icons.

MS is going to say this is more secure.

“Since people can’t launch applications, they can’t have infected computers nearly as easily. We’ve finally got a secure OS, and it’s called NASCAR.”

Of course, just before release, some motley crew will complain to Ballmer and he’ll insist, “OK, this was NEVER called NASCAR, and now we’re calling this Interface AMC Gremlin. Let’s see if those people EVER sue us!”

I like the free and excellent GB-PVR, personally. On our Ultimate Boxes, we don’t bother enabling Win Media Center functions - the Hauppage TV cards offer better versions, or the ATI’s work better with GB-PVR. (Yeah yeah, I know that’s not what it’s officially called anymore.)

That’s fine for Over the Air TV or Copy Freely cable stuff but for scrambled cable programming you need a CableCARD. MCE is currently the only program certified by Cable Labs to show or record Copy Once programming such as HBO. For me that’s another reason to eschew W8.

I just use the classic desktop and Power8 (or you can make a Start menu toolbar)
and only see the metro start screen apps for a few seconds when the computer boots into windows 8 and automatically goes to classic desktop.
No adds no apps and no metro, and media centre has no option in settings to always keep media centre on top of other windows like it used to have.