Casey Anthony Not Guilty

vbimport

[Casey Anthony has been found not guilty of murdering her 2-year-old daughter Caylee. The jury declined to convict her of either first degree murder or manslaughter.

The jury found Casey Anthony guilty on four counts of providing false information to law enforcement.

Clutching the hand of her defense attorney Jose Baez, Casey Anthony began to sob as the verdict was read. The rest of her defense team stood beside her, also clutching hands. She thanked Baez as she was swarmed by the defense team.

Her parents, Cindy and George Anthony, left the courtroom as Judge Belvin Perry read further instructions to the jury and did not join their daughter in the courtroom.

Casey Anthony, who sat grim faced throughout the six weeks of testimony, beamed happily as she was fingerprinted in the courtroom for her conviction of providng false information to law enforcement.

Sentencing on the guilty counts will be held on 9 a.m. Thursday.](http://abcnews.go.com/US/casey_anthony_trial/casey-anthony-guilty-murder-caylees-death/story?id=13987918)

you should change that heading to say “FOUND not guilty”. cause da biache is guilty as sin…

Like I have said on other media networks a social networks. We are not here to judge. We weren’t part of the jury as well. I think personally it sucks on what happened but the cards fell her way sad to say. The court wasn’t live from start to finish so I can’t really say a lot but I do feel she should of easily gotten charge with Felony Neglect.

They did not prove the case they brought the wrong case had they tried her for Child neglect and such they would have won and they could have won on enough charges to have her in jail for a long time.
The problem the jury had was trying to figure out did she or someone murder the child or was it an accident and with what they were given they could not say murder. I think she murder the child but if I had been on the jury I would have also said the state did not prove it. It is a shame that the state did not realize, that they should have got her on what they could prove.

I put this on the prosecution for reaching too far for going after a capital murder conviction. They didn’t have enough evidence to get a murder conviction but they could have probably got a conviction of involuntary manslaughter. I don’t know if I could have voted to put her to death or give her life in prison based on the evidence they presented.

I didn’t follow the case very close so I looked up the charges the prosecution brought against her .
They are these (I didn’t research this extensively so correct this if I’m wrong. ) :
What are the charges against Casey Anthony?

Casey is accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee, sometime in June or July 2008. The official charges against her are:
First-degree murder
Aggravated child abuse
Aggravated manslaughter of a child
4 counts of providing false information to a law enforcement officer: That she worked at Universal Orlando in 2008,
That she left Caylee with a babysitter named Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez,
That she told Jeffrey Hopkins and Juliette Lewis that Caylee was missing,
That she received a phone call from Caylee on July 15, 2008.

The prosecution might have been able to prove the lesser charges of child neglect or involuntary manslaughter . They might still be able to file those . Not being an attorney I’m not sure where the double jeopardy line would be crossed.

I have an opposing opinion on the " providing false information to a law enforcement officer " charges she was found guilty on. Until a law is made where law enforcement is required to tell those they are questioning the truth. Or face equal charges for lying then I’m opposed to this law.
It gives law enforcement greater rights that the rest of us citizens . That is always a bad idea. We are supposed to have equal rights.
To be equal either both sides are required to tell the truth or both sides are allowed to lie. I favor the first option.
Of course once sworn in & on the stand in a court room any lying is perjury.

I also agree that lying to a police officer should not be a crime. I for one would never talk to any police officer about anything after they read me my rights. I my case I do not think I will ever have my rights read to me anyway.

They can recharge her as in America there is a law called Double Jeopardy.

Link - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_jeopardy

[QUOTE=samlar;2595144]I also agree that lying to a police officer should not be a crime. I for one would never talk to any police officer about anything after they read me my rights. I my case I do not think I will ever have my rights read to me anyway.[/QUOTE]

I think lying should be a crime for suspects and witnesses as allowing any person to lie without penalty only reduces the effectiveness of the judicial system. Suspects have the Fifth Amendment to fall back on. They can choose to say nothing at all which is what she should have done or maybe she had an attorney present.

[QUOTE=Dr. Who;2595150]They can recharge her as in America there is a law called Double Jeopardy. [/QUOTE]

I think there is wiggle room in this if the new trial is brought about by the Feds. It has been used more than a few times to convict a person who was found not guilty in a state’s court system. Especially in civil rights related trials.

Oops I see I made a typo I meant Can’t. Have no ideal if the Feds can try her again with same charges or not. I still would think it would fall under DJ. I guess they can try her as Child Neglect with intent to harm and or abandon?

you know she is going to make a lot of money off books and movies
She would make one of you that are not married a good wife as long as you do not mind her lying and killing the kids.

We are not here to judge.
You must be new on the internet! :slight_smile:

Or one of those rare persons who actually uses their brain. I compliment you.

Suspects have the Fifth Amendment to fall back on

Usually that makes others think you have something to hide and are therefore guilty.

you know she is going to make a lot of money off books and movies
I’m not sure. One book maybe, but a movie??

I think it was the judges doing by his instructions that they had to prove beyond a reasonable doubt.And not letting them show certain evidence that would of told more of the story of what happened…He also didn’t let in certain witnesses that could of helped.What ever happened to special circumstances.

[QUOTE=samlar;2595144]I also agree that lying to a police officer should not be a crime. I for one would never talk to any police officer about anything after they read me my rights. I my case I do not think I will ever have my rights read to me anyway.[/QUOTE]

In the UK there is a charge of “attempting to pervert the course of justice” for lying or giving false information to the police. If two or more persons "conspire " to give the police false or misleading information it becomes an aggravated offence. ( Can be up to Life depending on the circumstances ). This is used mainly against family and friends who give false alibi’s.
There is also a lesser offence of wasting police time ( if the police take more than 30 hours investigating false information or reports ).

The new caution says “You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned something which you later rely on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence.”

This was brought in to stop ambush alibi’s given at the last moment in a trial by the defendant that would take too long to investigate and may cause a not guilty plea when the person should be found guilty or if the police and prosecution had known about the alibi and it was good would mean that no expensive trial would have taken place.

Also the double jeopardy rule is no longer used and you can be tried again if fresh evidence becomes available. Should the US have something similar?

A lesser charge like negligent or reckless homicide options were given and REJECTED by the Grand Jury.

Grand Jury is a type of jury that determines whether there is enough evidence for a trial.

Double Jeopardy=She will never face charges again (for this crime) as long as she lives.

I just heard she got 4 years and she just did 3 of them-I wonder if she still will have a private cell???

She can ask for it but last I heard she wasn’t in prison waiting but rather jail? It’s the same but it is really different.

She gets out in six days-it’s amazing her hair is down and she’s wearing makeup and dressing better hmmmm funny how that works.

Like I said she is available if one of you want her