Case 39 - No audio

vbimport

My original disk plays fine. However, the backup copy doesn’t have audio files. The interesting thing is that when I check the files on the original disk, it only shows a video folder (no audio files). What am I overlooking? Thanks

Hi Atomix2104

When you load the original DVD in DVDFab please use “Main Movie” mode and look at the audio files on the right, if there is an audio file that shows PCM make sure it is not set as default.

[B]SJ[/B]

There are no PCM files listed. Is there something else I can try?

[QUOTE=Atomix2104;2569637]There are no PCM files listed. Is there something else I can try?[/QUOTE]

What are the audio files that are shown ?
and what version of DVDFab are you using to do the backup with ?

I am using DVDFab 8.0.6.8 and the audio file is AC-3/5.1 normal.

[QUOTE=Atomix2104;2569656]I am using DVDFab 8.0.6.8 and the audio file is AC-3/5.1 normal.[/QUOTE]

This may sound stupid but did you make sure you had an audio file selected before clicking start :confused:

also if you play the ripped files from the hard drive say with VLC or another media player do you have sound ?

and can you open the file/folder using DVD Shrink ? if so does it show as having an audio file ?

Yes, I had the AC-3/5.1 normal audio file selected.
I cannot get VLC to play anything.
When I check the original disc, it only has one folder “video”, and when I open it there is a list of files:
Video_TS.BUP
Video_TS.IFO
Video_TS.VOB

Then these same extensions are on files named VTS_0LO.BUP,IFO,and VOB (numbers 1 through 18

Also, I cannot open the file with DVD Shrink. I’m pretty sure I am doing something wrong.

[QUOTE=Atomix2104;2569681]Also, I cannot open the file with DVD Shrink. I’m pretty sure I am doing something wrong.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like the files on the hard drive have became corrupt some how, please delere rhem them and re-rip the original DVD using DVDFab v8070 beta.

You didn’t say whether your using the free version of DVDFab or the paid version but either way use the “Full Disc” mode and set the target to your C drive and see if you can play the newly ripped files.

I am using the paid version. I did as you suggested, and copied the movie to my hard drive. There are two folders in the file; 1 audio, and 1 video. The audio folder is empty, but the video file has lots of files. The movie plays fine on my pc.

Update:
I just made a successful backup copy of the movie by burning the file from my pc to the disc. Still don’t know why I wasn’t able to do this inside DVDFab. Anyway, job is complete. Thanks for your suggestions.

[QUOTE=Atomix2104;2569826]Update:
I just made a successful backup copy of the movie by burning the file from my pc to the disc. Still don’t know why I wasn’t able to do this inside DVDFab. Anyway, job is complete. Thanks for your suggestions.[/QUOTE]

Hi Atomix2104

Happy to hear the suggestion worked for you :clap:
sometimes when doing vedio backups the files can become corrupt due to programs running in the background, I personally always rip to the hard drive and watch it first before burnning to a disc just to make sure there is no problem with the play back.

[B]SJ[/B]