Car Stereo won't play cds

vbimport

My car stereo won’t play my cds. But it does play the radio. I don’t know what the problem is. I don’t even know where to start looking.:confused:

More information would be helpful. Make/model of the car radio/CD player? How old? Does it play commercial (store bought) CD’s? Are you having trouble playing CD’s you have burned?

[QUOTE=Whappo;2521050]More information would be helpful. Make/model of the car radio/CD player? How old? Does it play commercial (store bought) CD’s? Are you having trouble playing CD’s you have burned?[/QUOTE]

Im having the same problems. i do have a 2007 pontiac g6 (v6). i have not checked if i played store bought CDs (and it has been a long while since ive even goten those). but it doesnt play burned CDs. i wouldnt mind the problem if my car came with an AUX plug in so that i can just play music on my phone to the car…

What is the ext. of the songs on the cd, how did you burn the cd (what program)

[QUOTE=thor21344;2752976]What is the ext. of the songs on the cd, how did you burn the cd (what program)[/QUOTE]

I burned it through windows media player. And ext.?
The way i burn music is i take them from youtube and cinvert them into jsut i believe mp3 files (i go on youtube-mp3.org).

It all depends on the player.
Some will play only a CD burned as an Audio CD .
That is basically a clone of a commercial CD .

Some will play a data CD with .mp3 files .
I don’t think WMP will correctly burn that type CD.

If you must use WMP for doing the burn then convert the .mp3 files to .wav files & then burn as an Audio CD .Keep in mind this will only allow you to burn the amount of songs you would find on a commercial CD . Say 10 to 17 songs depending on the time length.