Car CD not working

vbimport

I am not sure what brand the stereo system is. It is in a 2003 Siverado and just has RDS on the front of it. The CD’s are very hard to insert, then they won’t play and won’t eject. There is no door on this system. Please Help!

Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

It seems that is time to get a new car stereo :frowning:

Maybe you can consider to get one with an USB port in the front, so you can use a flash memory in place of CDs :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=geno888;2450026]Maybe you can consider to get one with an USB port in the front, so you can use a flash memory in place of CDs :)[/QUOTE] Before purchase i highly recommend testing the usb feature. It has been my experience that any usb bigger than 1 Gb takes ages to scan for applicable files.

Just a guess on this since the unit loads hard & doesn’t eject.Maybe there is a CD already stuck in the drive & the second CD is just that a second CD in the same unit.
One too many.If that is the case the load mechanisim is probably beyond repair.

Thank you everyone for your input. I thought I would probably need a new one but it didn’t hurt to ask what could be the problem. Thanks Again!

You’re welcome :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2450051]Before purchase i highly recommend testing the usb feature. It has been my experience that any usb bigger than 1 Gb takes ages to scan for applicable files.[/QUOTE]

I had no idea about this issue. I never used something larger than 1 GB because most of times I don’t drive long enough to require a larger amount of music.

I wonder if things are different with SD cards. I noticed that some car stereo have SD slots or both USB and SD slots, but I don’t have one so I can’t do comparisons :doh:

I tried spraying air into the CD player. Figured it was worth a try since it sounded like I was going to have to get another one. Guess what? It worked! My CD player is now working don’t know for how long but it is working now. Thanks again everyone!

[QUOTE=geno888;2450242] I had no idea about this issue. I never used something larger than 1 GB because most of times I don’t drive long enough to require a larger amount of music.[/quote] Which is why i purchased a sony car stereo that can handle mp3 cd’s. No need for usb and 700 megs per cd is more than enough. :slight_smile:

I’m glad using a little air spray worked, saves money! :slight_smile:

I’m using a 2GB SD card in a car DVD/CD player it seems to load fairly fast & works well.
Glad to see the air worked .
I guess it didn’t have an extra stuck disc.
I knew of one person that put a disc in with a “protector” edge ring in their car stereo .I don’t know if they ever got it out.