Can't watch BSG "The Plan", strange "parental controls message"

vbimport

Appreciate any help on this. I put the new BattleStar Galactica: the Plan DVD in my pc and tried to watch it using NERO. The DVD player is an LW hl-dt-st dvd-ram gsa-h55l.

I get an interactive video screen saying, "“This movie will not play due to the current parental level setting of the player”. It has “Yes” box and a “stop” box. When I press the yes box, up pops a password dialogue. It’s not the system password.

Has anyone seen this?

Hi and Welcome!

most commercial DVD player software comes with their own parental control system. These are normally password protected. This password is configured by the (administrative) user who has installed the software.

Workaround: Use another player software like VLC. Even better: ask the person who installed the player software on that computer :wink:

Michael

Well, the weird thing is I built this machine from scratch, and I never set it up with any kind of passworded parental control.

I’m using Nero, but the problem disappears when I switch to Windows Media player. However, under WM, the playback is really slow and the audio has lots of “digital hash” and everyone sounds like they’re on ludes.

Is there a way to get WM to buffer?

Even weirder: I was poking around in Nero and found the parental control. It’s password locked alright. And I never did that.

[QUOTE=jgourlay;2462311]Appreciate any help on this. I put the new BattleStar Galactica: the Plan DVD in my pc and tried to watch it using NERO. The DVD player is an LW hl-dt-st dvd-ram gsa-h55l.

I get an interactive video screen saying, "“This movie will not play due to the current parental level setting of the player”. It has “Yes” box and a “stop” box. When I press the yes box, up pops a password dialogue. It’s not the system password.

Has anyone seen this?[/QUOTE]

First off knowing what version of Nero you have would be a start. Since we here don’t know whom actually owns that computer saying it’s yours and not knowing the password is cause for concern since most if not many write or save their passwords down so as to not forget it. WMP doesn’t buffer if you don’t have enough ram that might be the reason for the slow down. And just as mciahel says you will need to ask whom installed the program cause that is the only way the password since you don’t have it. To me when someone ask for password help my answer is ask whom did the install or setup. If they don’t know then reinstall and or restore the computer is the only option.