Can't View Or Edit Photos

vbimport

Hello,
I have a collection of photos on my computer and sometimes I use my Nero 7/PhotoSnap Viewer to edit (usually crop) photos.
But now, all of a sudden Nero PhotoSnap Viewer will not open any photos.
When I right-click on the photo and select ‘Open With’ and then select Nero PhotoSnap Viewer I’m getting the message ‘File (then where the file is, My Documents/My Pictures etc)) could not be opened’.
What gives ? Please help.

If your Nero program is the only one not working for opening the photos, as compared to something like the built in photo viewer within your operating system, then the program has probably been corrupted somehow. Just my best guess. If you start from the program executable (not right clicking), does PhotoSnap still refuse to open the pictures?

If you have the serial number for your installation of Nero saved somewhere, you can uninstall, run the Nero clean tool for Nero 7 and then reinstall the whole Nero burning suite. That is more or less the nuclear option for solving the issue.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2500666]If your Nero program is the only one not working for opening the photos, as compared to something like the built in photo viewer within your operating system, then the program has probably been corrupted somehow. Just my best guess. If you start from the program executable (not right clicking), does PhotoSnap still refuse to open the pictures?

If you have the serial number for your installation of Nero saved somewhere, you can uninstall, run the Nero clean tool for Nero 7 and then reinstall the whole Nero burning suite. That is more or less the nuclear option for solving the issue.[/QUOTE]

If I don’t right-click then the photos are viewed with Windows Pic & Fax Viewer by default. So I can’t use Nero 7 without first right-clicking. I’ll try uninstalling then re-installing.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2500666]If your Nero program is the only one not working for opening the photos, as compared to something like the built in photo viewer within your operating system, then the program has probably been corrupted somehow. Just my best guess. If you start from the program executable (not right clicking), does PhotoSnap still refuse to open the pictures?

If you have the serial number for your installation of Nero saved somewhere, you can uninstall, run the Nero clean tool for Nero 7 and then reinstall the whole Nero burning suite. That is more or less the nuclear option for solving the issue.[/QUOTE]

Uninstalled then Re-installed Nero 7 using original disc. But still the problem persists. How can this be ? Why can’t Nero open the files/photos ?

Did you run the Nero Clean Tool as Kerry suggested?
(you´ll need to download it from Nero)

[QUOTE=deanimator;2500856]Did you run the Nero Clean Tool as Kerry suggested?
(you´ll need to download it from Nero)[/QUOTE]
OK I downloaded, installed and ran Nero 7 Clean Tool.
I’m tempted to ask 'What good did THAT do ?'
All it’s done is removed Nero 7 from my computer. But all I want is the problem described above FIXED. I don’t want Nero removed from my computer. How does that (removing Nero) solve the problem ?
Now I don’t have Nero at all.
OR, would I be right in saying that I’m now supposed to RE-INSTALL Nero 7 using my original disc ?

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2500666]If you have the serial number for your installation of Nero saved somewhere, you can:
[B]- uninstall

• run the Nero clean tool for Nero 7
  • then reinstall the whole Nero burning suite.
    [/B]That is more or less the nuclear option for solving the issue.[/QUOTE]
    The uninstall tool cleans up any left-over information from the previous install that is not removed by the standard uninstaller. This prevents old files from corrupting your shiny new instllation.

So basically, yes, you do need to re-install the application. Incidentally, if you are installing from an original product CD/DVD, you would be well-advised to visit the Nero website and download the latest version of the software and/or any patches that have been released since your disk was shipped. Software supplied on disk is generally out of date before it leaves the factory.

Slainte

midders

[QUOTE=midders;2500991]The uninstall tool cleans up any left-over information from the previous install that is not removed by the standard uninstaller. This prevents old files from corrupting your shiny new instllation.

So basically, yes, you do need to re-install the application. Incidentally, if you are installing from an original product CD/DVD, you would be well-advised to visit the Nero website and download the latest version of the software and/or any patches that have been released since your disk was shipped. Software supplied on disk is generally out of date before it leaves the factory.

Slainte

midders[/QUOTE]
Thank you very much. It’s working fine now.

i had this problem too, fixed it by
Opening photosnap viewer,
under the file tab, choose configure plug-ins.
Unregister all,
then choose register plugin button and procced to the following directory C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\Nero PhotoSnap and register:

XImgPlg.dll
FImgPlg.dll

well… actually i tried registering all of the dll files anyway…
although probably the two mentioned above are sufficient