Cant use cdspeed 4.11 on Pioneer DVR 110D

Hi…
I installed nero 7 and then went to C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\Nero Toolkit and double clicked cdspeed.exe. The program seems to work fine but when I click the Disc Quality tab it says it’s reading [0:0] Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-110D 1.37. That part is OK. But the START button is grayed out. The Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-110D 1.37 reads and writes DVD’s with no problems. I have tried 2 different DVD’s that I have burned a movie to and also tried it on a genuine new movie DVD. The START button is still grayed out. I also have an ASUS DVD-E616A2 1.03 that the START button works fine with the same media as mentioned before.
Any suggestions???

thanks in advance.

I had to unblock my Samsungs in both XP & Nero6, also when I added Vista64 & Nero7, from that experience I found you have to leave something in there, you can’t remove everything. I found this info by mciahel, when I was looking to unblock in Nero7.

Windows 2000 or XP:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ahead\Nero Toolkit\CD Speed\CD Quality]

Vista 64 bit:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\

ahead\Nero Toolkit\CD Speed\CD Quality]

Updating CDSpeed (www.cdspeed2000.com) will allow scanning with the Pioneer as well, though that’s probably a waste of time anyway. :slight_smile:

(4.11 tells me you have an obsolete version of Nero 7 - time to update from nero.com too)

I went to:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ahead\Nero Toolkit\CD Speed\CD Quality]

and saw this entry:

Name Type Data

Blocked REG_SZ PIONEER,SAMSUNG,TSST,HL-DT-DT,PLEXTOR

1.) Is this the correct entry I’m looking for?

2.) How do I UNBLOCK it?

Yep. Remove the Pioneer entry. :slight_smile:

(Edit: forgot which drive we were dealing with. LOL :doh: )

Thanks everyone! :clap:

That 4.11 is really too old.

Use 4.5.xx.