Can't upgrade to new versions

I am having problems updating my DVDFab software I currently use version 5.050. This version works fine and I don’t have any problems with using it.
I have tried to upgrade to the last two versions. The new versions installs without any problems, and starts fine. It goes through the copy process with not issues, and opens the drive door; but instead of asking to have a blank disk installed, it complets the copy process without allowing a writing process. I made sure that the dvd writer was selected as the output.
Can anyone help with this issue??
Thanks

Sounds like you may have inadvertantly installed the freeware version of Fab (no burn option), although I’m not sure how this would have happened.
Tough to tell from your post…not much to go on.

Could you post a screenshot? We need more info.

Thanks Mansman for your quick response. I must uninstall and reinstall the other software to get the screen shot. I will gladly do that if you want. The two ways I have upgraded is when the current software checks for an upgrade and does it automatically, and I have also gone to your website DVDFab.com and downloaded the latest version. This may be where I have been getting the wrong version.
I don’t generally download the beta version, I wait until after the new version has been out for several weeks then download. What is the proper way to upgrade to a new version?
Thanks for your help and great service.
Best regards, Al

Hi again Al,

I’m in no way affiliated with Fab…I’m just another user of Fab like yourself.
Your download from Fab.com is fine as is the download from right here on cdf…both are maitained by Fengtao. The only other site maintained by Fengtao is Fab.net and there you [B]will[/B] get the wrong version…the non-css version, but that’s not what happened since your rip was ok.

So you’ve uninstalled the newer versions you had problems with and you’re now using 5.0.5.0 and it’s working ok?
What application do you have? Platinum or Gold?

It sounds like you did nothing wrong. Typically, you simply download the new version and install it right over the previous version.
I would try again, but download right from here.
The new Beta is actually more stable than the previous final version 5.0.9.0.
I’d give it shot.
Here you go:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-5-0-9-8-beta-out-253215/

If this fails, you may have to do a full uninstall and a clean new install.
Let us know…

Thank you Maineman. I did uninstall and install 5.0.9.0 and it is working fine. I don’t understand what happened, but it is fixed now. Many thanks for your help and quick response.

Best regards, al

[quote=alonzowireman;2137280]I am having problems updating my DVDFab software I currently use version 5.050. This version works fine and I don’t have any problems with using it.
I have tried to upgrade to the last two versions. The new versions installs without any problems, and starts fine. It goes through the copy process with not issues, and opens the drive door; but instead of asking to have a blank disk installed, it complets the copy process without allowing a writing process. I made sure that the dvd writer was selected as the output.
Can anyone help with this issue??
Thanks[/quote]In the future make sure the box in the installer that asks if you want to install the VSO burn engine is checked. Glad it is working now.

Glad to hear you’re up and running again and you’re very welcome.

//Edit…hey pard, didn’t see you there.
Good idea about checking the VSO install…:iagree:

Maineman to keep you updated, I did update to the latest beta version and it worked fine to make a single copy, however; when I tried to make two copies of the same disk, as soon as it went into the process of locating the blank media, it stopped working, requiring that I recopy my disk. I tried this with other disks and the same thing happened. Each time this happened a box came up asking for information. I filled in the boxes and the form was sent back automatically. I uninstalled the program, and reinstalled; the same thing happened. I then downloaded the previous version v5.0.9.0. I tried the same process and it worked fine, I could make multiple copies with the same disks that did not work with the beta version. At this point I am fine with the current version. I think there may be an issue with the beta version. Please pass this information to the proper source.
thanks again for your help
Al

[QUOTE=alonzowireman;2139248]Maineman to keep you updated, I did update to the latest beta version and it worked fine to make a single copy, however; when I tried to make two copies of the same disk, as soon as it went into the process of locating the blank media, it stopped working, requiring that I recopy my disk. I tried this with other disks and the same thing happened. Each time this happened a box came up asking for information. I filled in the boxes and the form was sent back automatically. I uninstalled the program, and reinstalled; the same thing happened. I then downloaded the previous version v5.0.9.0. I tried the same process and it worked fine, I could make multiple copies with the same disks that did not work with the beta version. At this point I am fine with the current version. I think there may be an issue with the beta version. Please pass this information to the proper source.
thanks again for your help
Al[/QUOTE]

another version just came out 5.1.0.0 try that one