I can't get my drive to burn DVD's on a higher transfer speed (DMA Mode) after successfully applying the hacked v1.10 firmware for 8x for my Pioneer A07XLB - DVR107D. I need help with changing from PIO to DMA mode for the IDE channel, but it keeps returning to PIO mode in XP! The drive supports both.
I am using WinXP SP1, on 2TheMax motherboard 4SDA5+ and supposedly supports SIS648 chipset SIS963 IDE controller chip...
I've tried all the proposed methods,
- Deleting the IDE controller channel in Device Manager.
- Set PIO to DMA if available mode in Advance settings for the IDE.
- Registry Edit to remove the values for Master/SlaveIDchecksum data in the Regsitry for the channel.
- Change a new IDE cable for the optical drives
- Change the IDE 1-2 bus positions for HDD's and DVD Drive (as primary)
- Swap Slave and Master for CDRW and DVDR+- drives
- ASPI Layer drivers - Update/Downgrade to/from v4.6 and 4.71
Please Help! I have no idea what is the problem and all has been tried...