Can't setup time/seconds work LVW5045

Greetings All,
I’ve looked through the FAQs and have done a search. I’m still unable to resolve my issue. On my LVW-5045, I can set the time/date no sweat. The problem is that the seconds go from 0-60 and back to 0 without the time changing. I’ve tried using various time formats and so forth with no luck.

I am at firmware rev 203 right now. This was occuring before the firmware upgrade, as I only upgraded because of this problem. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Take care,
Ceyko

Welcome aboard to the forum :slight_smile:

To me, it seems like there is a problem with the Lite-On itself rather than its firmware as I have never heard of the time getting the stuck with the seconds working fine. The likely issue is that the region of memory which holds the low-level instructions for updating the minute each time the seconds hits 60 has gone bad or corrupt. :rolleyes:

I would recommend taking it back for repair, although good luck in getting the shop to take the problem seriously as this is the first time I have ever heard of an issue like this.

That is a real bummer. :frowning:

Yeah, I have not found much myself. There was one other post on this board about it, but it was under the wrong forum…so the person was redirected to this forum. They never did post the question here.

Yeah, it is the oddest problem and it is a basic function that is required. I’ll leave this up in the air for a few days, maybe someone else can chime in. Otherwise I’ll be stuck getting it repaired/exchanged. :frowning: