Whenever I try to set DMA in Windows for my brand new DW1620, the system won’t boot.
Here’s some relevant data:
- Windows 98SE
- Primary = 2x HD, secondary = DVDROM master + DW1620 slave
- Both HD in DMA
- The DVDROM will work fine in DMA mode in the same controller
- Already tried DW1620 alone in secondary as master
- Already tried flashing BenQ to latest firmware
- Already tried removing and reinstalling secondary controller and drives in Windows
Other than this everything seems to be working fine and I already burned a few discs successfully, but for obvious reasons I’d like to enable DMA.