Can't rip Philips audio CD

I just got a CD free from the local library. It’s a classical disc, Philips label, a set of piano concertos by Martha Argerich.

When I open EAC, it shows everything except the track name field (where it defaults to “Track 1” etc.). It won’t let me select any of the tracks.

It doesn’t appear to be an “enhanced” CD with media content or anything so I thought of copy protection–didn’t Philips try that at one point? This has never happened in EAC out of hundreds of CDs I’ve ripped.

I don’t know the first thing about audio CD copy protection, so any help in ripping this guy would be appreciated.

Are there any files (not track files) on the CD. If yes may you post the content of the CD?

I do know you shouldn’t be trying to copy something you don’t own…

olyteddy is right so thread closed. You can PM if there’s a reason I should reopen your thread.

Thread is open again after slowpogo PM’ed me no forum rule is broken here as it was a freebie.

OK, is there any software similar to AnyDVD but for audio CDs, that will bypass copy protection?

I don’t recall Philips copy protecting audio cds. However, you could try CloneCD with the Audio CD profile. That gets past many audio copy protections.

It is not copyright issue. You can still backup the CD. What you see “Track 1, track2…etc” is correct just that this is a customize CD that nobody had uploaded the track name to the database. You see only the generic track number on the CD without the actual name.

[QUOTE=mMedia508;2011752]It is not copyright issue. You can still backup the CD. What you see “Track 1, track2…etc” is correct just that this is a customize CD that nobody had uploaded the track name to the database. You see only the generic track number on the CD without the actual name.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, re-reading my first post I see it’s a little ambiguous. I’m saying, it doesn’t even show “Track 1, Track 2”. That whole area is blank, and clicking on any track does nothing. It’s not even possible to select a track.

It still shows a length and file size for the tracks. When I Explore the CD it has a file for each track but they all say they are 6k in size.

I tried copying the CD using CloneCD and it did nothing to help this.

[QUOTE=slowpogo;2012398]It still shows a length and file size for the tracks. When I Explore the CD it has a file for each track but they all say they are 6k in size.[/QUOTE]
That’s normal for audio tracks when viewed in windows explorer.

[QUOTE=slowpogo;2012398]
I tried copying the CD using CloneCD and it did nothing to help this. [/QUOTE]
But did the copy made with CloneCD play?

[QUOTE=philamber;2012409]That’s normal for audio tracks when viewed in windows explorer.

But did the copy made with CloneCD play?[/QUOTE]

Yes, the copy will play in a CD player…but that’s not the issue. I’m not able to rip either the original or the copy to my hard drive and put on the ipod, for the reasons described above.

^ Try mounting the CloneCD image on a virtual drive (e.g. Daemon Tools) and then rip from the mounted image.

It will be interesting if you can use “isobuster” to see what is the contents.