Can't remove virtual scsi cdrom drive... it keeps coming back

Hey all. I can’t seem to sort this out, so I thought I’d see if any of you fine people could help with it.

For awhile now, I’ve had this extra virtual drive that I can’t remove. Daemon Tools and Alcohol show it as a physical drive. In device manager, it’s “SCSI CD-Rom Device”.

Things I’ve tried:

• Uninstalling the drivers for it from Device Manager - it comes back after a reboot

• Uninstalling the two entries in Device Manager for SCSI / RAID host controller - same thing, comes back after a reboot

• Uninstalling & reinstalling Nero, DT, Alcohol and PowerISO (and setting virtual devices to zero in all of those)

• pounding my head against my desk

Other info:

• My physical DVD drive is currently broken. I do not think these things are related, just thought I’d mention. The thing doesn’t eject anymore, and it keeps spinning up constantly when I boot. I currently have it removed.

• The OS is XP SP2, fully updated

• The drivers that the “ghost” drive" uses are:
    cdrom.sys
    GEARaspiWDM.sys
    imapi.sys
    redbook.sys
    storprop.dll

• I’m pretty sure I installed an ASPI layer on this machine at some point

• CD-burning related software that’s currently installed - AnyDVD, CloneDVD, Daemon Tools Pro 4 (Nero, PowerISO and Alcohol are currently UNINSTALLED)

Any help’s much appreciated. I’m hoping I don’t have to reinstall the OS for this, but who knows.

Please post a screenshot info, probably that “SCSI CD-Rom Device” has nothing to do with “virtual drives” but real existing drives…