Can't register or activate key on DVDFab 9.0.4.5

I tried making a backup copy of Jack Reacher using my present copy of DvdFab 8.2.2.8 (DVDFab copy never expire). I couldn’t do it with 8.2.2.8 but I read on this forum that it will work with DVDFab 9.0.4.5. I purchased a new lifetime copy of 9.0.4.5 ($74.95 USD) knowing full well that I could have just upgraded my present copy of 8.2.2.8 with 9.0.4.5. I bought the new copy to eliminate any problems I might have encountered.

After I followed instructions to download 9.0.4.5, I saved the attachment file "KEY (DVD COPY) DVDFAB 6). When I double click on the key, nothing happens, I don’t get any confirmation message.

When I try to register 9.0.4.5 using my e-mail address & password that I used when I first purchased the Dvd Fab 9 DVD Copy version I get a message as follows: “User name or password is incorrect, please check it”. So as of now I’m still a trial user with a trial version of DVDFab 9.0.4.5.

I tried uninstall/reinstall using Storm Jumpers guide 4 times but the problem still persists. I also tried tech support to no avail but I did notice that my credit card was charged within 10 minutes after I purchased DVDFab 9.0.4.5

So I’m hoping for some suggestions on this forum.

Thank you
        Andrew

Are you connected to the internet?
With Version 9 you have to be connected all the time for it to work

I was connected to the Internet at all times trying 2 PC’s but it still didn’t work.

Thank you
Andrew

My understanding is that there is no key, you sign on by using your email address and password that you signed up with at DVDFab.

“User name or password is incorrect, please check it”.

When did you purchase it ? You may have to wait up to 24 hours for everything to get set up on there end.

Since it is a phone home program I took it off of my work computer so I can not check it from here, to see if there is anything wrong on there end at this time.

Thank you Bean55 but I can’t register because it won’t accept my E-Mail address or password that I used when I first purchased DVDFab 9.

Thanks again
       Andrew

Maybe that might be the reason about the 24 hour waiting before it’s processed on their end. I purchased it last night at 10pm EST and right now it’s 9:15 am.

Thanks again
Andrew

Your welcome

I can not remember for sure but I thought I got Jack Reacher with version DVDFab 5.3.2.0

Are you talking Jack Reacher (Tom Cruise)2012? I copied it using DVDFab 8.2.2.3 but it wouldn’t play on my DVD player which I never had any problem watching a DVD so I assumed that it didn’t write correctly or whatever using DVDFab 8.2.2.3 and after hearing that somebody else on this forum had the same problem is the reason I got DVDFab9 to copy a backup that worked.

Andrew

Version 5.3.2.0 still does 99.5% of all disc that I back up

There are just a few that it doesn’t when it and version 8.2.2.8 QT can not do it I use other software now that can do it without phoning home.

I hate to appear duh, Bean55 but you mentioned phoning home on 2 of your replys. What does that mean? BTW I also tried a trial version of a different software and I didn’t have any problem making a backup copy of Jack Reacher.

Thanks again for your information
                Andrew

The Trial version should work it might take longer to start ( a couple minutes ) but it should work.

[QUOTE=Alexia75;2690221]I hate to appear duh, Bean55 but you mentioned phoning home on 2 of your replys. What does that mean? BTW I also tried a trial version of a different software and I didn’t have any problem making a backup copy of Jack Reacher.

Thanks again for your information
                Andrew[/QUOTE]

Phone home software is software that reaches out to there servers before it works.I personally do not like software that has to attach to someone’s server before it works.
You just never really know what is being sent there or back with phone home software.
This is just my opinion.

It was said that all it does is verify you as a legal user,and get updated keys.Since I am not doing Blu Ray’s I don’t like the version 9 program for Dvd’s.

The trial version of DVDFab 9 works fine without any problems but I hate it still being a trial version after I spent $75 for it. I’ll just have to wait the 24 hour period and if I’m not the owner of DVDFab 9 I’ll just eat the $75 which I won’t be upset at and order the other burning software that I know works with Jack Reacher without any problems.

Thanks again for your help Bean55 I’ll just wait and see
Andrew

Go here http://www.dvdfab.com/member.htm create an account if you have not yet using the email you used when you purchased. Once you create your account you should be able to activate DVDFab

AGJ, thank you very much. I went to the link you sent me to reset my password and everything worked out fine which I was very happy with.

I also received a response from DVDFab tech support that was sent to me this morning but I just seen now instructing me to do the same thing as you told me to do.

So kudos to you AGJ, DVDFab Tech Support and bean55.

Thanks again
Andrew

Glad to hear you got it worked out Alexia75

well glad you got it activated and DVDFab 9 is a lot different than DVDFab 8.