Can't record with Clone...CSS?

I used anydvd to copy 3 of my own movies…Outbreak, The Terminal and Midnight in the garden of good and evil. they all ripped fine, did it on safe mode too just to be sure.

But when i go to record them, Clone DVD2 tells me it can’t copy recorded materials because they’re copy written.

Isn’t AnyDVD supposed to take all of that off for me? I’ve got them all checked so that I wouldn’t have this problem.

Is there anything else I can do?

1. Don’t rip first (unless absolutely necessary). That’s the whole point of using Anydvd in my opinion.

2. Clonedvd2 does not require “safe mode” to be enabled. You should turn this off in Anydvd.

3. When you get to the “Title Configuration” screen in Clonedvd2, for Dvd Video files, choose your dvd-rom drive (or reader) that contains the disc you want to import into Clonedvd2.

Ensure you’re using the latest versions of both programs:

visit http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

Also make sure that you do have AnyDVD running. Look for the red fox head in your system tray (bottom right of screen)

I find it is useful to have the following option set within AnyDVD

right click on the fox head (in system tray) / choose settings / click on program settings / make sure you have a tick in the box for “show info window for new media”.

What this will do is each time you insert a dvd and AnyDVD has done it’s thing a window will pop up showing you some info about the disc & the type of protection found. When this window appears you are then good to start your dvd backup program.

I’m lost. If I don’t rip it to the hard drive first using Anydvd there is no other way to get the movie copied. If I go into CloneDVD2 with the original movie inside, it won’t let me copy it. I open up and browse to where the original DVD is in my D: drive. There’s a folder and then two sub folders, audio and video. Doesn’t matter what i click on, I get the same error.

Says CSS crap…blah blah…and I can’t go any further. I’ve got Anydvd open in the task bar…not sure what else I"m supposed to do with it. I used it first to copy to hard drive and it’s on the hdd, but won’t burn in CloneDVD2, and now i can’t even copy using CloneDVD2.

Anydvd is a driver that’s supposed to decrypt in the background (leave Anydvd running at all times). Consequently, you should not have to rip first before doing anything, regardless of the program you use to burn.

If I go into CloneDVD2 with the original movie inside, it won’t let me copy it. I open up and browse to where the original DVD is in my D: drive. There’s a folder and then two sub folders, audio and video. Doesn’t matter what i click on, I get the same error.

It sounds as though Anydvd is not running properly on your system (the video_ts folder is usually sufficient to select on the disc). You should have Anydvd running while you’re using Clonedvd2 (as bubbles19 has stated).

I suggest:

1. This is an anydvd issue. It seems to me it’s not running properly on your system. Ensure safe mode is unchecked when you use Clonedvd2.

2. Please answer the questions in this post (in particular, questions 1,2,3 and 7) and someone may be able to help you further:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1451939&postcount=1

cynderbabe, what version of anydvd do you have?, also what movie are you trying to back up ?

the latest version and the movie is midnight in the garden of good and evil

Cynderbabe -

As suggested by Forum Member Webslinger review the below Forum posting and provide the requested information.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1451939&postcount=1

BeLooken