Cant record sky satelite plz help

vbimport

help just got the new lvw-5115 dvd recorder i live in the uk i have been able to record and play dvds but when i tune it in it only pick up the the tv channels in the uk i plug my sky satalite in i can watch it but it wont let my record it because both work on av can any one help please

Pete :cool:

I don’t know if you have already found the code your 5115 .Amazon.co.uk Have listed them and this is what they say Lite-On LVW-5115GHC - DVD Recorder

1. Press SETUP on the remote control
  2. Move the cursor to EXIT (on the menu)
  3. Using the numeric keys, enter 2960
  4. Select Region “0” from the menu
  5. Restart machine, the player will now be region-free

help just got the new lvw-5115 dvd recorder i live in the uk i have been able to record and play dvds but when i tune it in it only pick up the the tv channels in the uk i plug my sky satalite in i can watch it but it wont let my record it because both work on av can any one help please

Pete

yea i have i paid £119 in the uk its good but i cant record my satelite channels because both work on av can u help plz
pete

Surely you must find the correct channel to record via the HF input or whatever you are using…

Typically a recorder will tune into TV channels but also be able to record off of the input scart sockets. Typically these are L1, L2 etc. That’s what I do for recording from my Freeview box.

Hi, My DVD recorder as two scart connections at the rear of the box. One is
marked EXT.1 the other EXT.2. The Sky box as to be connected to EXT.2 by
a scart lead, connect a scart from EXT.1 to your main TV scart. This means
the Sky feed is direct into your DVD recorder and thru EXT.1 to your TV.
Select EXT.2 when you set your DVD recorder to record a Sky program.

MC

Why did you make a new thread again after I closed the other crosspost? Was my warning not clear enough?

I merged the posts related to this subject into 1 thread. This is my last warning, respect CD Freaks by respecting the rules, they are there for a reason.