Can't record at 1x speed with LG using IMATION cd

vbimport

hi. i have a LG CD-RW GCE-8523B and i use IMATION cds.
i’m using NERO EXPRESS 6.3.0.0

my IMATION cds are 1x-52x recordable, but nero’s slowest burning option is 8x :Z

do i have to change my software to burn cds at 1x (4x is ok too)?
is there a way to set nero to burn at 1x?
do i have to change my cds? (it seems that LG cds works better with my discman-mp3-player)

thanks!

Welcome to the forum bberg! :slight_smile:
Your LG GCE-8523B can’t burn at speeds lower then 8X.
And what makes you think that 8X is bad speed? I have best results with 8X when i backup my Audio disks. If your diskman can’t play LG cds burned at 8x try other media.TY and Verbatim (Mitsubishi Chemicals) can give you better results.

thanks, poaalpina! well actually it plays the LG cds very well. it doesn’t play IMATION cds… :a damn, they’re so cute

installed musicmatch jukebox 10 - there was an option for burning at 1x and 4x speeds. i’ve tried it, but it burnt as fast as nero’s 8x! :confused:

1.does that confirm that my LG GCE-8523B can’t burn at speeds lower than 8x?
2.or is this showing me that nero is slower than musicmatch?

I had LG in past. It just can’t burn at speeds lower then 8X! There is one trick that can make LG to burn at 4X but I think you wouldn’t like it. :slight_smile:

breaking it into two? :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s been a while since Verbatim’s have been MCC, here in the USA they always seem to be CMC (which is what the Imations probably are) or MBI.

The question is why would anyone want to burn at 1X?

Two years ago when i had LG burner(don’t remember which model) i backuped Audio disk with CloneCD.I did it OnThe Fly. The reader was NEC (don’t remember which model too). In CloneCD’s profile for AudioCD i checked Audio Extraction Quality>Best(Slowest). When i started burning NEC read at 4x. There were 3 buffer underrun preventions and then LG slowed burning speed to 4X.And to the end of burning there were no more buffer underruns.
I think LG’s have very smart buffer underrun prevention.

And also i think that my English is awful, don’t you? :slight_smile:

The question is why would anyone want to burn at 1X?[/QUOTE]

Becouse some people think the slower the better. :wink:

Which has been proven time and time again to be not true.

One of the old nuggets of wisdom that became obsolete, when drives and media were slower, it did work, but modern dyes would not respond well to the laser power/time profile of 1x writing.

And it’s normal, if something like a crippled demo application requests 1x speed, the drive will bive you the slowest speed it can - 8x is getting to be quite a common limit.

i’m getting great results now using LG cds at 8x speed. :bow:
guess the problem is in my discman. it likes LG stuff, no matter the speed…

ps. poaalpina, guess my english is a bit weird too :iagree:
but you did understand my question, and i got the answer.
this is cool. thanks a lot

I’m very glad that we could help you! :slight_smile:

And don’t forget to be here! This forum is great!