Can't read dvds or cd

vbimport

My gateway 700 series desktop will not read the cds ,dvds it say no dvd reader found, how do i get it back?

Welcome to the forum, thehatter :slight_smile:

We’ll need a bit more detail:

1. What OS are you using?
  2. Where do you get the message “no dvd reader found”? In a program you’re trying to use?
  3. Are there any errors in Device Manager, such as a yellow exclamation mark next to your drive?
  4. If you have a bootable CD or DVD to hand, can you successfully boot from it?

I was able to successfully reboot, useing the bootable cd… thanks

Then at least your drive has no problem on the CD side of things. :slight_smile:

Did you check Device Manager for any exclamation marks or errors?

As I mentioned previously, knowing your Operating System version, and what software you’ve tried would be a great help in nailing the problem down. :wink:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2513871]Then at least your drive has no problem on the CD side of things. :slight_smile:

Did you check Device Manager for any exclamation marks or errors?

As I mentioned previously, knowing your Operating System version, and what software you’ve tried would be a great help in nailing the problem down. ;)[/QUOTE]

hehehe as the robot Johnny 5 says in the movie Short Circut [B](“need more input”)[/B]
that would be a big help to know a little bit more about your OS and etc. etc.

[QUOTE=getit29;2513879]hehehe as the robot Johnny 5 says in the movie Short Circut [B](“need more input”)[/B]
[/QUOTE]

Hehe :bigsmile:

Yep, with enough info I’m sure we’ll sort it out. :iagree: