Can't read DVDR's that I've written with DVD writer

vbimport

I’m trying out DVDfab and it works fine with commercial DVDs, converting them to WMV format to run on my PDA.
However I want to rip some DVDRs that have been written with my TV DVD Recorder of off-air TV programs.
DVDfab just doesn’t seem to see these and appears to think they are blank DVDs.
When it does the “analyzing title” bit when you start up it finishes very quickly and doesn’t list any titles to rip.
These DVDs play perfectly on the same PC using Windows Media Player, just that they don’t seem to be recognised by DVDfab.

Thanks
Bob

[QUOTE=tv13rfc;2082784]DVDRs that have been written with my TV DVD Recorder of off-air TV programs.
DVDfab just doesn’t seem to see these and appears to think they are blank DVDs.
When it does the “analyzing title” bit when you start up it finishes very quickly and doesn’t list any titles to rip.
These DVDs play perfectly on the same PC using Windows Media Player, just that they don’t seem to be recognised by DVDfab.

Thanks
Bob[/QUOTE]

Most stand alone recorders used to copy TV programs, require that you manually finalize the DVDs, before they will play. I have a Liteon 5005 and finalize is on the screen under the guider button on the remote,

[QUOTE=bigmacnc;2082921]Most stand alone recorders used to copy TV programs, require that you manually finalize the DVDs, before they will play. I have a Liteon 5005 and finalize is on the screen under the guider button on the remote,[/QUOTE]

Already done that. If I hadn’t, they wouldn’t play on the PC, as I’d stated they did.
So, thanks for the reply, but not the answer.

Bob

please adjust the pathplayer settings.
http://www.dvdfab.com/docs/index.php/Main/SettingsPathPlayer

That’s sorted it! Disable PathPlayer and it sees everything on the DVD no problem.
I don’t think I would have guessed that would have sorted it from the documentation, but that’s what’s good about a forum!
Many Thanks,
Bob

Hi tv13rfc,

Please try DVDFab 5.0.5.5 Beta to see the result:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab...ta-out-248264/

It should work with PathPlayer enabled now.

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Fengtao