Can't read burned dual layer disc

I just purchase a Sony dvd rw aw-q170a. It burns fine but I can’t read any burned dual layer discs on either drive (I have a dvd rom as well) that I have created. I know it burns fine becaus the disc is readable in a dvd player for a tv and my computer at work. I know it reads dual layer because it plays feature films from the manufacturer. Any ideas?

But proggie are you using to burn? what media type?

Nero 7. Tried Memorex, then Verbatim. Can it be media if neither drive on my home pc can read it but may pc at work and tv dvd player can?

[QUOTE=spantazis;1919619]Nero 7. Tried Memorex, then Verbatim. Can it be media if neither drive on my home pc can read it but may pc at work and tv dvd player can?[/QUOTE]

Nero 7 could be part of the problem as they now have Nero 8…and what speed are you burning at and what if you did any booktype?? Is the firmware up to date? But what program are you using to burn?? and if nero 7 is it updated to the latest version and also what other burning program do you have installed as well? There isn’t enough information to know what is going on in your burning and playing process???

Software installed: Nero 7, DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, DVD HD Decrypter
Speed:4x
No updated firmware is available.
No booktype, just data.

Sorry, booktype set to DVD-ROM but I’m burning on DVD+R DL. My existing DVD ROM is older but the burner is new.

IMO,Ner0 is the prob burning DL media,use IMGBurn with the your Verb DVD+R DL and set booktype to DVD-ROM…
Rip with DVDFab HD Decrypter>IMGBurn in build mode…

will nero 8 solve my problem?

[QUOTE=spantazis;1920026]will nero 8 solve my problem?[/QUOTE]

Nope.

I excanged my Sony for a Samsung Writemaster and it works fine. My legacy ROM still won’t read them but I’m still looking for a firmware update.