Can't read blank dvdr

vbimport

I am having a problem w/ my DVD burner and DVD rom drive when it comes down to blank dvdr. My burner is saying it has 1.99G of info on it which is not true because I opened the case just no. I even took back a dvdr and switched it for another thinking it was the disk, but the new one does the same thing. My DVD rom drive doesn't pick it up at all, it says please enter disk into drive. They both read everything else i.e blank cdr/w, music cds, and dvds that already have info on them (burned and originals) but I'm having problems with the blank dvdr. The last time I successfully burned a dvd was this past Wednesday. I have been trying since Saturday but kept running into this problem. Can anyone help?

When you right click and see that size …dont worry about it … thats just windows.

However it could be your DVD-Rom drive… what make is it ??

In most cases a blank disk would read “space used = 0” “free space = x”. But in my case the blank disks read space used 1.99GB, free space 0 but only on my DVDR’s not my CDR/W. And when I try to copy one of my dvds it says I need a larger media.
As you know, you can’t burn on a dvdr thats been burned already thus its not allowing me to burn thinking it already has 1.99GB of info on the disk.

The make is Que! DVD Burner from QPS.

just buy the blasted dvd, don’t copy, It’s illegal…lol…

Originally posted by SliverX
This is rich.

Originally posted by SliverX

Could you elaborate me on that fact ?

Actually I did buy the blasted DVD. It’s my DVD that I want to copy so that my nephew doesn’t scratch my original. Besides it’s only illegal if I was to hand the burned copy over to someone else by selling, trading, or even for free.