I have a Lenovo T43 laptop with a matshita uj-822s DVD-RAM drive.
I can read CDs as well as data DVDs.
But when I try to read a commercial movie DVD on my Windows XP Pro SP3 system it can't access the drive.
This only started a couple of days ago.
If I open up Explorer with a Video DVD in the drive, there is no indication that the system has read the drive, i.e. by having the name changed or Total Size showing in the window of the D:/ drive.
I have tried the following:
1) removed high and low filters.
2) uninstalled the driver and rebooted (2x).
3) make sure that the autoplay settings for a DVD movie are set to prompt me each time ....
4) checked for new drivers.
5) uninstalled and reinstalled WMP11.
6) installed VLC and Real Players to see if I would get a different response that I get with WMP 11.
7) cleaned the mirror and lens of the DVD drive.
I'm sure I've missed a few other attempts, but I have not been able to get the unit to read a movie DVD.
Does anyone have any other idea.