Can't reach liteonit.com/ODD/

What’s wrong? Down? Overloaded? liteonit.com works, though.

Still down with The page cannot be displayed message.

Problem is still there.

Well, the front page still works. And firmware downloads, if you directly link to them, still work… like so:
http://www.liteonit.com.tw/ODD/WebFW/SOHW-812S/DR8US0N.zip

Taking a look at the HTTP headers returned by the request, one would see that the error code returned is actually 500 (technically, Internal Server Error). Given that everything else works and given that their pages use Microsoft Active Server Pages (:Z), my best guess is that there’s nothing wrong or overloaded with the server, but that because of some programming error or ASP misconfigruation, their ASPs are crashing, which would certainly generate a 500 error code.

HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error
Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 22:28:09 GMT
Content-type: text/html
Connection: close
Argh. :a

I guess that’s what happens when you use IIS instead of Apache for your web serving needs! :iagree: Okay, I know, this can happen with any server, but I couldn’t resist… :wink:

Maybe a stupid question but are they to busy to fix this ?

I wonder if they have even noticed. We should be creeping up on Monday over there in Taiwan now…

code65536

I think they dont care hehehe :frowning:

On an other note nec just updated their german server with message saying that all 2510a owner should use nero 6.3.1.16 or newer to burn DL so I think there maybe new nero on the way out could help with lite on drive too I bet.

It’s back up. No new firmware for my 411s. :frowning:

I guess the start of a new workweek helped. :wink: Maybe their staff was off-duty on the weekend (which is stupid, as servers don’t decide to be nice and not crash just because it’s the weekend).