Cant print to the outside edge of the dvd help help help!

Hi everyone, I have a canon Pixma ip4600 and am using the software provided which is called cd-LabelPrint, Im trying to print to dvd and make it look as origonal as possible, i can print right to the middle of the full face printable disk but i cant seem to get it to print to the outside edge of the dvd, i have a white border around the edge of the disk. can anyone please help me. Ive set the outer circle as far as it will allow me and it still wont quite reach the outside edge. really annoying lol. can anyone help me please.

From what i have read on other peoples questions, the cd-labelprint only allows your outer circle to print upto 118mm and i think i need like 119 - 120mm, my prints are literally mms out of looking perfect and its so annoying? Anyone know of a better software i can use with the canon?

118mm is the limit imposed by the software. You can go to 120 in other software like SureThing. Verbatim often likes 119, there are a few others. I never saw this as being a big issue, a 1/2mm white border doesn’t bother me.

Also be aware that some glossy media like TY Watershield is not printable in the entire white area, there’s a small white area at the outside and inside that does not have the printable coating covering it…

You can do as CDan said and get another printing program such as SureThing or you could
always use TYG02 discs they print best at 21mm inner and 118mm outer at least that is the
settings I use in my Epson Print CD program and they always print out to the edge of the disc.

Same problem here with Canon CD label print.

It’s a shame, because I think it’s a good software.

The funny thing is that Canon Company knows well the problem and also knows well some media printable surfaces are larger than 118mm… but it seems they are doing a big nothing to fix it.

Strange…

[QUOTE=roky360;2277684]Hi everyone, I have a [B][U]canon Pixma ip4600 [/U][/B]and am using the software provided which is called [B][U]cd-LabelPrint[/U][/B], Im trying to print to dvd and make it look as origonal as possible, i can print right to the middle of the full face printable disk but i cant seem to get it to print to the outside edge of the dvd, i have a white border around the edge of the disk. can anyone please help me. Ive set the outer circle as far as it will allow me and it still wont quite reach the outside edge. really annoying lol. can anyone help me please.

From what i have read on other peoples questions, the cd-labelprint only allows your outer circle to print upto 118mm and i think i need like 119 - 120mm, my prints are literally mms out of looking perfect and its so annoying? Anyone know of a better software i can use with the canon?[/QUOTE]

Hi. I came in to CD freaks looking for an answer to the same problem, as CANON technical support were unable to help me. So I decided to experiment a little.

Somewhere in a forum I found a solution to the problem, but when I tried it
it was way out of aligment, but eventualy tonight I did print the perfect label.

So here is the solution. (THIS IS FOR THE PIXMA IP 4600)

In Nero Cover Designer go to file click on paper stocks tab,
in the list click on user defined stocks and press the add stock button,

Name the new stock something like PIXMA IP 460

Set width to: 131.mm and height to 238.mm

Press the add item button and select disk or label (depends on the Nero version you using. I am using Nero 9)

Set the outer radious to 59mm and inner radious to 10mm (this will print all the way to the edge of the hole)
Set the co-ordinates to:

Position X= 6.5mm / Position Y= 91.250mm

Press ok to close the new settings.

Go to file and choose new, choose any disk template

Click the tab Disk 1

From the drop down list choose the disk you created earlier,

Now apply the picture or label on the new created disk.

Go to file print, on the elements tab, clear everything except the disk box

On the general tab press the set up button and choose the name you gave to your creation, click on properties.

On tab main set media type to Printable disk tray(recomended).
Disk tray as paper source will be set automaticaly.

On the tab page set up, set page size to CD-R tray G
Make sure you click the print preview box before printing.

clic ok to exit

if your parameters are corect the black circle it should be inside the red circle. If not, then you can adjust the Y co-ordinates by 50.

Good luck. :doh:

Hi. I came in to CD freaks looking for an answer to the same problem, as CANON technical support were unable to help me. So I decided to experiment a little.

it was way out of aligment, but eventualy tonight I did print the perfect label.

Press the add item button and select disk or label (depends on the Nero version you using. I am using Nero 9)

Set the outer radious to 59mm and inner radious to 10mm (this will print all the way to the edge of the hole)
Set the co-ordinates to:

Click the tab Disk 1

On the general tab press the set up button and choose the name you gave to your creation, click on properties.

clic ok to exit

if your parameters are corect the black circle it should be inside the red circle. If not, then you can adjust the Y co-ordinates by 50.

Good luck.
Spiros_G is online now Report Post Reply With Quote

[QUOTE=Spiros_G;2311857]Hi. I came in to CD freaks looking for an answer to the same problem, as CANON technical support were unable to help me. So I decided to experiment a little.

Set the co-ordinates to:

Click the tab Disk 1

clic ok to exit

Good luck.
Spiros_G is online now Report Post Reply With Quote[/QUOTE]

Hi, i have just purchased a canon ip4600 and i’m struggling to print full face disc, everything was with great tuturial as i am using nero 9, until i got to on the general tab press set up, mine only says general/properties/elements at the top, and in the right hand corner i have preference tab, any ideas please

[QUOTE=vozzy;2465025]Hi, i have just purchased a canon ip4600 and i’m struggling to print full face disc, everything was with great tuturial as i am using nero 9, until i got to on the general tab press set up, mine only says general/properties/elements at the top, and in the right hand corner i have preference tab, any ideas please[/QUOTE]

Best option is to lose Nero CoverDesigner and use the Canon software.

Anyone have instructions for SureThing using the F Tray?

Every time I print, its way out of the range. I don’t know what the settings are for it.