Cant play games with LTR-40125S

vbimport

Went out and bought MOHAA and Operation Flashpoint
installed both games I cant get these games to play on 2 computers 98SE / ME / NEC 5800/ Nec 7800 / Lite-On LTR-40125S The only way I can Play them is with noCD Patch
They act like a copy that wasnt burnt right What do I need to do to be able to play without noCD patch:(

The games will not work with the original discs?

That is strange. Tried a game update patch for the games? Looked for this problem in the developers FAQ for the game?

applied MOHAA_UKUS_ONLY_patch111v9safedisk diddnt help -MOHAA support said that I needed new drivers for my cdrw and dv drives and we got into an argument I said they didnt need drivers These are both brand new games

Newer versions of Safedisc protection checks that the CD is not in a burner. The way to get around this is to use the Hide CD-R Media option in CloneCD. If that is not the case, it sounds like safedisc are stuffing up with the ASPI Layer. Just my $0.02

Originally posted by CirKutz
Newer versions of Safedisc protection checks that the CD is not in a burner. The way to get around this is to use the Hide CD-R Media option in CloneCD. If that is not the case, it sounds like safedisc are stuffing up with the ASPI Layer. Just my $0.02

I think SD 2.51.xx (I think that is the number) check for ATIP info and not if the CD is in a burner or a CD-ROM. Pressed CDs do not have ATIP info and so they should be able to play in CD burners also. However a burned CD has ATIP info that could be read in CD burner and not in CD-ROM so it can be played in CD-ROMS.

He “bought” the games and he sould be able to play them on his PC. Unless those are not “PC-CD” or are burned CDs.

SD 2.4 and on had an ATIP check, so does SecuRom New.

DawnLoader is right, the pressed CD will not have ATIP information and thus shoud play in the burner fine.

Not sure what the support people mean about drivers, the default IDE drivers that come with the OS should be fine, although I admit this is not an area where my knowledge is strong. If it is ASPI layer problem then Adaptec have the latest drivers on their site, try those.

The original post suggests that they don’t play in the DVD drives either which would also rule out ATIP, and probably ASPI, problems.

Sounds to me like a bad copy of each of the games, which would make me want to question the source of the disks.