Can't Play Dvd's

Hello everybody, I have a Fujitsu Siemans Amilo Pro laptop. It ha a DVD-RW drive. I have Nero 7 but I cannot seem to play dvd’s I have tried proper dvd dought form a shop but nothing. I think I need a plug in but I don’t know what or how. Apart from that the drive works well. Any advice welcome but please understand that i struggle with this so please make it understandable.

Regards :sad:

Hi Crazypig, welcome to the forum :flower:

I recommend VLC - as well as playing DVDs, it’ll also play different file formats. :slight_smile:

Edit: Oh, and it’s free!

Thank you very much for your very swift reply. I had a quick look and I have a choice that I do not understand. Does it matter which country I choose to download from. Told you I was a liitle thick on this!!!

Regards

No problem :slight_smile:

Just download from the place nearest to you, that’s what I always do, but really it doesn’t matter where you pick :slight_smile:

I’d get the self-extracting package, that way you just click and install.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh. It works you’re a genius. Thank you so much :bow:
Why does my Nero not work? Is it a marketing thing where they make you purchase a plug in?

Great stuff, you’re welcome :bigsmile:

As for Nero…you’re bang on :wink:

Just had a look at your PC spec. How do you know all this stuff. If you asked me I would tell you that I have a thing that opens and I push a button and it works. Happy with that. Feel a bit of a fraud really as I cannot bring anything to the forum in the way of help for others. Still, I am most grateful. My wife has all her childhood cine film shot by her father put on DVD by a shop and now we can watch it. Many thanks

Hehe…10 years of learning as I go (and still learning - this forum is handy for that!) :wink:

Yep, these days I’m happy if my PC works, doesn’t crash, and does as I tell it :iagree:

You’re not a fraud, everyone is welcome here…and you’re most welcome :flower: