Cant Play DVD in ASUS drive!

Hi,

I have 2 computers at my home, both of them use Windows Xp Pro and have the same model DVD RW from ASUS, but the second computer recently has been giving me some problems while playing any DVD / VCD movie/video, what happens is, when I insert DVD and play I can hear audio but there is no video, if I keep double clicking my mouse continuously I can see few milliseconds of the video image flowing.

Both DVD RW’s been firmware Updated & Converted to a Pioneer to avoid region code problems, and also use DVD Region killer 2.7. I used to think it was my graphics card or The DVD Rom, but both Graphics card and DVD rom is A OK.

So I have reinstalled Windows XP Pro, After installation I installed Power DVD 6 and I was able to play any dvds without any problem. I made a restore point and after that I started to install various software, such as K-Lite Codec Pack, Office, DIVX player, WiNRAR, Sopecast Player, ACDSee but after I finished installing most of the software I tried to play a DVD, GOD! The same problem occurred again! I quickly used the windows restore point and restored my PC back to earlier time, Then I started to install each software one by one and also tested them at the same time, and discovered that when I install ACDSee the DVD’s don’t play, So I got rid of that too. Every thing was good as gold, then I installed my webcam , after every thing was done I changed my primary Boot device to HDD( as its CD Drive while installing XP) Then I see the same problem! Cant play ! I undo the things but no work, I restored at earlier time and Reinstalled Win Rar or The Webcam, but now after any installation The DVD wort work!! So Now I am going on the restoration point!!

What Is wrong with this machine? The HDD is at Primary Master and DVD RW is Secondary Master, How can I solve this? What is this problem, I really don’t know who to seek help, CAN any one please! please help me out??

CONFIG IS

P3 1Ghz
Philips 17”
ASUS DVD RW Converted to Pioneer DVD RW
512MB RAM
40GB HDD
Sound Card
MSI ATI 9250 128MB AGP 8X

I am a newbie to this forums, Posted here instead of newbies place because I would get better support and attention here, if any thing wrong please re direct the thread… Pardon my English, and PLEASE ANY ONE HELP ME OUT!!

Thank You…

[B]UPDATE[/B]

I just discovered after few hrs its not playing the dvds again!!!

Is your video card or drivers been updated after this install of the OS?

nope nothing updated:rolleyes: help![quote=THE C.;1940792]Is your video card or drivers been updated after this install of the OS?[/quote]

@ AcidRain,

Once again have you installed the latest Audio and Video Drivers for your Sound Card and Video Card?

If not these newest up to date Drivers SHOULD be installed.

Also it is good idea to ensure the latest and up most up to date version of Direct X is installed.

Regards,
bjkg

no no ! i havent installed anything in it yet. no updates no nothing, if the drivers or dx was a problem then the dvds would had problems running right after installation…but thats not happening!!!

UPDate
my pc is now not shutting down…! what do i do to fix this whole thing!! anyone plz help!!!plzzzzzzzzzzz:sad:

[quote=bjkg;1941427]@ AcidRain,

Once again have you installed the latest Audio and Video Drivers for your Sound Card and Video Card?

If not these newest up to date Drivers SHOULD be installed.

Also it is good idea to ensure the latest and up most up to date version of Direct X is installed.

Regards,
bjkg[/quote]

c’mon…any one!! pls!!! if u dont help me i will jump off my 30 story building ! LOL!

[QUOTE=AcidRain;1942740]c’mon…any one!! pls!!! if u dont help me i will jump off my 30 story building ! LOL![/QUOTE]

Do the first step and please use SEARCH.

I dont understand? what do u mean by search? what do i search and what do i follow? please give me a detail explanation how to fix this problem…[quote=chef;1942853]Do the first step and please use SEARCH.[/quote]

Use the forum search!

http://club.cdfreaks.com/search.php

what do i search for chef? i m new to this place…sorry…

[quote=chef;1943492]Use the forum search!

http://club.cdfreaks.com/search.php[/quote]

@ AcidRain,

Days ago suggested the fundamental area to start your basic troubleshooting but you chose to ignore that suggestion so it appears you are off on your own to find your own remedy.

Regards,
bjkg

You can use the update built into windows, if there is a better update avil. Microsoft Update will update everything for you. You know how to use this feature in windows right?

Why cant any one be more specific? what is wrong! this is not working, i dont remember when you told me to start from some where else, if you did I would have, may be you did but wasent much detailed! may be?

with all duo respect, I am a new bie and I posted here for better support assuming no one gives much about newbies forums, as moderators you guys should have suggested me else where if you know its wrong thread…

please my problem is not solved and I am not sure if it ever will in here, if you know any way that might help me please advice now…

*its not updates problem,
*not drivers problem
*and the hardware seems to be fine…
*nothing has been installed.

[quote=bjkg;1945032]@ AcidRain,

Days ago suggested the fundamental area to start your basic troubleshooting but you chose to ignore that suggestion so it appears you are off on your own to find your own remedy.

Regards,
bjkg[/quote]