Can't play backup DVD of UT2K4 - please help

vbimport

My friend burnt me a copy of Unreal 2004. His copy is the DVD featuring all 6 cds and I gave him a blank DVD. He burned it successfully and the installation package executes fine. However, when I click on play Unreal 2004 it says “Backup CD please insert original or visit Securom site for more details”. Something to this effect is said, I can’t remember exactly what but it’s about my backup copy. How do I get around this? I’ve tried the three no-cd cracks but they didn’t help (I think because I had a missing .dll which I couldn’t find). He managed to burn the DVD because he has a new PC which is designed for gaming and is awesome.

Please help
Thanks
I’ve read a few other threads on here regarding this game.

:cop: Go away and buy it… What you are doing is illegal and not condoned here. Respect CDfreaks by respecting the rules :cop:

Originally posted by hburrows83
:cop: Go away and buy it… What you are doing is illegal and not condoned here. Respect CDfreaks by respecting the rules :cop:

A little late to say buy it and isn’t the pot calling the kettle black? The topic/issue discussed on this section isn’t moral or legal so why are there rules about not discussing this? :confused:

Fair use, means a person is allowed to make a backup of a legally bought game/film etc to be played on their machine for personal use only. What you are doing is denying the company a sale by using an illegally accquired copy. In this forum we help others create legal backups that do not modify the game in any way (ie no-cracks reverse engineer, hence bad), so infact what we do on this site is very legal and no this is not calling the kettle black.

Originally posted by hburrows83
Fair use, means a person is allowed to make a backup of a legally bought game/film etc to be played on their machine for personal use only. What you are doing is denying the company a sale by using an illegally accquired copy. In this forum we help others create legal backups that do not modify the game in any way (ie no-cracks reverse engineer, hence bad), so infact what we do on this site is very legal and no this is not calling the kettle black.

Yeah you’re right. I should leave.

Originally posted by z064life
Yeah you’re right. I should leave.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Good ridance mate, no cd cracks are NOT welcome here, maybe you should consider helping out the developers and buying their game!:a :a

For the love of God, please ban this troll.

Thread closed for obvious reasons…