Can't play Audio CD's in car cd changer

vbimport

Not sure which firmware version I have on my NEC-2500A, but audio CD’s burned from mp3’s do not play in my car cd changer, but they do play in my home cd player. I am using Memorex CD’s. Any ideas why?

Also, when using Nero 6.3 it only burns cd’s as 16x, not the 32x as reviewed in cdfreaks…

Thanks for any help!
sfsleeper

Not an expert, but a couple things come to mind.

Are you trying to use MP3 format in your car unit? Or did you convert them to 44.1Khz Wav files first?

I burn quite a few Music CDRs every week (Zep bootleg freak) and they play in everything. I only burn Music at 4x though…not tried faster with the NEC, but the only error I’ve ever had was a faster burn with my last burner. And some feel that the slower burns make for better burn pits. True or not? Who knows. I also use Nero 6.3…and the default firmware for now.

You do know that MP3’s are a “lossy” format (compression format, like JPG’s…lose’s data) and have a high frequency cut-off around 17-18Khz. Not very good for a true music lover. (but handy for portables where the trade off is ok to some)

All of my Boots are in one of two “lossless” compression formats… .shn’s and .flacs. I convert them to wav’s (another lossless format) and they run on everything I’ve tried, even 10yr old boomboxes.

I do burn my Data files at the fastest speeds I can. It’s only data! :smiley:

I didn’t think you wanted to burn audio cd’s at a fast rate. I believe the CD/MP3 players don’t have any kind of error correction. Correct me if I am wrong. So I guess it could be possible that your home cd player handles errors better than your car player.

Good luck

Sounds like older, crappy media. Try something better.

Originally posted by Agix
[B]I didn’t think you wanted to burn audio cd’s at a fast rate. I believe the CD/MP3 players don’t have any kind of error correction. Correct me if I am wrong. So I guess it could be possible that your home cd player handles errors better than your car player.

Good luck [/B]

Speed shouldn’t be of any concern with good media.
Also Iv’e had real good luck burning disks for my crappy players with Feurio! software. I use TY’s and they play in everything.:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Lower speed is not always better for cd-burning. I’ve read some reviews about this. The bottomline is usually that you should burn with the second highest speed that your burner/media is rated for. Atleast this is how I’ve done it this way for a couple of years…

CD-players for the car is usually way more picky than other players. This used to be a bigger problem before. I don’t think that you are doing anything wrong when burning the discs.
Look at the dye color and get media with different dye. For example if yhe dye on your discs is purple, then get blue.
Usually Tayo Yuden (TY) discs are the best. The TY discs tend to play in the most players.

Your chances are higher when you burn your media at a lower speed. I have some experience with car CD players and CD-R media. I would try 4x recording speed. If that does not help, I would try CD-Rs with ProDisc media code (for example Medianca). I made the best experience with them in my Aiwa car radio. It could only read these media and only if they were burned @4x speed. Other media, for example Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim had dropouts or could not be read at all.

I agree that the burning speed does not matter when you make an error scan in CD Speed. But for old CD players, it matters a lot! Lower burning speeds may increase readability.

Originally posted by easy-going-man
[B]Your chances are higher when you burn your media at a lower speed. I have some experience with car CD players and CD-R media. I would try 4x recording speed. If that does not help, I would try CD-Rs with ProDisc media code (for example Medianca). I made the best experience with them in my Aiwa car radio. It could only read these media and only if they were burned @4x speed. Other media, for example Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim had dropouts or could not be read at all.

I agree that the burning speed does not matter when you make an error scan in CD Speed. But for old CD players, it matters a lot! Lower burning speeds may increase readability. [/B]

I have to disagree, Could it be that your dropouts were caused by media thats rated for high speed burning IE TY’s Etc… being burned at low speed ? I burn all my disks at max, I only use Ty’s, I use Feurio! almost exclusively for burning audio and they play in everything, hell my cdplayer in my truck doesn’t even have station presets you have to set the stations with a knob! And they play in all my boomboxes and home players.

No, when I burned the same media at high speed, they are not readable at all. When I burn them @4x they can at least be read - but have dropouts.

I’m with rdgrimes, the media is probably old crappy stuff!
When was the media manufactured?
What is the mid code?